Chronicles of Narnia

Shawn

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's just on the "second" book (there seems to be a lot of confusion on the real orders of the books): The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

I just saw the movie last night and it was amazing. Totally kicks LotR and Harry Potter's asses, IMO. I also saw the BBC version from the 80s and while I thought that was pretty good considering the low budget, I just LOVE the kids who play Edmund and Lucy in this movie and the beavers actually look like beavers! :o Not life-sized mascots! LOL.

Other random notes...

- Tumnus the Faun was too cute for words :rolleyes:

- For some reason, I always imagined that the Witch would have heavy makeup on, this one was deathly pale and corpse-like...but I think I got over it once I realized that the actress was GREAT at doing bursts of outrage. :D

- Peter looks a LOT like Prince William. :blink:

- Susan looks a LOT like my best friend from junior high. :huh:

- Aslan looks totally awesome! He does look like a real lion.

- The movie stayed true to the book while having an originality of it's own. I'm glad they didn't get rid of the whole sacrificing thing 'cause that was the whole point of the book.

Anyway..way better than I imagined the movie would be and can't wait to see the movies for the other books. :D

• Members

"It's just on the "second" book (there seems to be a lot of confusion on the real orders of the books): The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe."

Yeah, technically "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" was the first book that C.S. Lewis wrote and IMO is the best one. The REAL first book "The Magician's Nephew" was written later.

I have a question though. Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe was originally a religous allegory of the Resurection of Jesus. Did they keep that in there or is it just standard fantasy stuff. I *hate* when movie writers take all the context and meaning out of books (says the English Literary Studies college student).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

They will most likely be releasing the films in the order they were written. While "The Magician Nephew" comes first chronologically, its gives the origin of the wardrobe which is better aprreciated after "TLTWATW."

Publication order (Chronological order)

1. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2)

2. Prince Caspian (4)

3. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (5)

4. The Silver Chair (6)

5. The Horse and His Boy (3)

6. The Magician's Nephew (1)

7. The Last Battle (7)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Tilda Swinton is an amazing actress. I suggest the movie Orlando to everybody (based on the novel by Virginia Woolf), she's phenom, she starts out as a man and over 900 years evolves into a woman! Its really funny but profound at the same time - she's the queen of androgeny!

The problem with Narnia is that only 3 of the books to my mind are now... Magician's Nephew, Prince Caspian and The Silver Chair. The other books are awfully dull so unless they change plots, i dont see how they can be adapted for the screen.

All those bible bashers smothering the coverage of Narnia ruin the enjoyment of the saga for me!

Archived