AMC: More Opal!

• Members

Having Jill Larson's Opal back regularly has been a shot in the arm for AMC. With an aged Petey coming on, I hope we get even more Opal! AMC needs to give Jill a contract, and get Palmer and Opal remarried. It has never made sense for them to be apart. Pine Valley has been a dreary place of late, and Opal's brand of heart and humor is just what we the viewers need!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Keep it coming! She's a real trooper and one of daytime's most underrated actresses. This and other things we've been seeing are the reasons I think Agnes is consulting and keeping a tight watch over things. With all the airtime Jill's been getting, I wouldn't be shocked to see her in the top ten episode count for May. Last time she had this much airtime was in 2006 when Janet was holding the vets hostage. And then they stupidly dropped her to recurring.

• Members

It's shocking she's not on contract. AMC's identity is largely based in having all these interesting character roles (Marian being another example, I wouldn't mind seeing Mary Smythe pop up again too--she really seems to not even slightly care about Greenlee anymore) and it seemed liek they were being more and more whitewashed out of the show with no similar characters being created. I'm glad for the bigger balance recently (very recently)

• Members

Would love to see her back on contract, but that's probably not going to happen. But like Cat Hickland, she's getting more airtime and substantial story involvement since having gone recurring. Just one question: Why is Hickland still in the OLTL opening despite being off contract for well over a year now, and Larson deleted from the AMC opening virtually the same week she went recurring?

• Members

I think its bc they still consider Lindsay a major character. She's been given a good amount of airtime and storyline and gets as much as most of the other veteran actors

Id have to disagree with you on Larson getting more airtime since going on recurring. They rarely use Opal. Its only in the past week or so that we've seen a bump bc she was on for consecutive days. Usually she only gets a handful of episodes a month and thats even if they use her. She hasnt had a storyline in years

Archived