emmy noms that would be awful!

bakedghoti

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For me it will be:

Erika Slezak, Susan Lucci, Peter Reckell, Hunter Tylo, Deidre Hall, Jon Hensley, Jerry Ver Dorn, Robert S. Woods or Christian LeBlanc getting nominations for Lead Actor or Actress for 2007. They were not leads in 2007 and should not be awarded an award or nomination for being that. They all had some good moments in 2007 but they were not lead on their shows.

Other things that would be a total mistake if they were nominated:

Jake Silbermann (ATWT)

Bryton (Y&R)

Days, GL, AMC, Passions, Y&R, ATWT (for Best Writing) - the only reasons I include GH and OLTL are for very short periods of time in 2007; for me none of them really deserve it

• Members

ITA on the vets voted year after year based on popularity, especially if they weren't leads but even if they were in 2007. I didn't realize this until recently, basically because only recently, I've grown into an adult lol, but none of these awards shows are based on talent. And since last year (was it?) they reduced to the pre-nom list. So, I have a really good feeling Mr. LeBlanc will be on the list again.

I've always wondered why Eric Braeden and Melody haven't been included on these incessantly nominated group of people. Do their peers not like them lol?

• Members

Y&R

Adrianne Leon

Ted Shackelford

B&B

Bradley Bell

Ronn Moss

John McCook

QUOTE (Chris B @ Apr 8 2008, 09:17 AM)
I'd also say Tammin Sursok in the Younger Actress category would be even worse.

I disagree. Tammin Sursok getting a nod would be fantastic. She is a great actress, and such an improvement over her predecessor. :)

• Members

:rolleyes:

How can you make such a judgement since Adrienne Leon had storyline after storyline as Colleen, and Tammin Sursok has been nothing but backburned and only on as Lily's prop for all of her time on the show? And no, Tammin time on other shows doesn't count, we're talking about the role of Colleen here. Tammin has had nothing to show in the role, and what we've seen of her, it isn't exactly Emmy caliber. Adrienne on the other hand has had a variety of stuff during her time as Colleen.

Archived