ATWT: Martha Byrne leaving

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If Martha leaves, then kudos to her. It's obvious ATWT doesn't consider her character as important as they once did. How much airtime does she have? What was her last big story? Yeah, it flopped. Martha deserves better.

I've always been a MB fan and I'll support her in whatever she decides to do.

• Members

Even though I don't really watch the show anymore I grew up watching and rooting for Lily and Holden.

Martha was the first soap star I wrote a letter to and she sent me an autograph picture. I'm sure if I dig around I still have it. :D

Kudos to Martha for standing firm in what she wants. I think it will be a huge loss if she leaves.

• Members

Martha has been handed crap stories since Rose died. Hogan never seemed crazy about Lily and JP totally doesn't understand the character. I wouldn't want a recast considering the last one sucked. That would even be a slap in the face. Would you recast Maura West? HELL NO!

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Feb 26 2008, 05:52 PM)
Martha has been handed crap stories since Rose died. Hogan never seemed crazy about Lily and JP totally doesn't understand the character. I wouldn't want a recast considering the last one sucked. That would even be a slap in the face. Would you recast Maura West? HELL NO!

You mean Heather Ratray?? I personally liked her as Lily. What is she up to?? Martha has left before and the show survived without her. I hope at the end she does stay.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Feb 26 2008, 05:52 PM)

I think he was. He gave Martha Byrne some hell-a-meaty material....everything from the introduction of her dual role to Lily's affair with Simon to Rose's death to Lily losing her mind after Rose's death to Lily going crazy when Holden and Luke were thought dead (really in some castle in Damian's homeland).

Archived