ATWT: Martha Byrne leaving

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I say we start some form of a campaign calling for the firing of Christopher, Jean and the rehiring of Lily! Barbara Bloom has let these two go far enough!

Lily (Flower) themed letterhead...

• Members

I feel the same way. I'd rather see Sierra show up and Lily take a little break. It sounds like the show made her a generous offer, so leaving is on MB. She's choosing to go, it's not like she's been forced out like so many others.

• Members

She might not be being forced out, but she knows what she wants and I hold her in the highest respect for wanting what she wants and not backing down. Martha has been on ATWT show far long enough to know the show better than any new headwriter or E.P. that walks in the door. If she wants something and is sure to quit if she doesn't get it, hand it to her on a silver platter.

Martha has been with the show since she was a child. She's grown as a woman and as an actress before our very eyes. Shame on the execs for thinking that Iraqi lovechildren, 20-year old married couples with children, horny blondes, Swedish sluts, and whiney pre-teens are the future of the show. The future of the show is so much more than that. But yet, at every promising opportunity, TPTB kick legacy and talent to the side for a more abhorrable approach of leisure and lust.

I hate this show so much. And they're about to hear it. This show has been spiraling downward in the abyss of space for a while now and frankly, Martha Byrne was the only thing that has kept my interest intact. I wouldn't be surprised if Kelly and Maura and Elizabeth and Kathleen and Jon and Michael take it upon themselves to give the execs an earful. And I can certainly see any one of them leaving now that the soul of the show has been ripped out.

Martha Byrne held that show together. She was the gravitational pull in a world full of disaster. Without her, the world is sure to fall.

• Members

Casiello and others have it right. She is the axis on which so much about the show, from the large female demographic of the audience to the sense of family to the behind the scenes relationships with the crew, is supported and "turns". Without her it will crumble - it's barely held together as is now, since every single storyline is horrible.

• Members

Wow. Good job, ATWT. You almost have to wonder if Jon Hensley elects to leave later this year. Either way, there goes a good chunk of your audience.

As much as I respected Goutman for the job he did on AW and his first few years at ATWT, it's time for a change.

• Members

Oh dear :(

What a deathblow to this show. Carjack fans and Nuke fans are the only ones they'll have left. Kudos to Martha standing up though and not taking any crap from the execs.

I hope she lands on another soap.

Archived