January 7-11, 2008

Toups

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll never get the DAYS fanbases, I just went over to the SONY board and saw that Kenny posted the ratings and some idiot (who obviously doesn't like J&M) said "J&M obviously aren't the draw that they once were."

The fanbases are the ones killing this show, if their favorite couple or characters aren't featured, they'll refuse to tune in.

• Members

The bad news is that Days tied two soaps that it should be outdoing in the ratings. I also think it is better than GH right now. I don't hate GH though and there is some parts of it worth watching so I can see where it does have a following.

The good news, well at least it didn't do worse than a couple of soaps that I think it is better than right now.

Days is really good right now. I hope it climbs back up to 2.3 or 2.4 soon. In many cities -- well where I live anywhere -- Days is running up against ATWT and ATWT seems to be doing very well now. I don't watch ATWT regularly, but seeing Wally Kurth on the other day while I was at the gym made me want to check it out.

• Members

Well, as much as I want to scream to the heavens right now, I will say I don't think John returning was HEAVILY promoted, and a bunch of fans aren't gonna all bounce back at once, so hopefully next week will be better.

However, if after a few weeks of greatness and the ratings continue to plummet, Days is done, and even if by some slim chance its not, Corday is sooo going to panic at the low ratings and throw the vets right back on the backburner if the ratings get horrible while Drake and Deidre, not to mention Peter and Kristian, are on everyday.

• Members

I'm a Days fan, and a big Lumi fan. I've watched the show for over 25 years with a couple of brief breaks (Kristen/Susan/Mary Moira etc. and the Tom Langan Chloe years). I've watched a lot of stuff that I haven't enjoyed (Lucas/Carrie for example) but kept tuning in because I knew things would eventually improve. Recently though, with the news that Bryan Dattilo will be offscreen for months and the prospect of watching my favorite female character Sami become "closer" to her rapist, I've reached the point where I'm saying 'why bother?'" I'm glad that Drake is back, but the good in that storyline doesn't outweigh the disgust I feel when I watch EJ & Sami, so my viewing is intermittent at best.

Ken Corday should be ashamed of what he's turned his parents' legacy into.

• Members

Days fanbases are idiots. Each and every one of them thinks that their couple will be the one to save the show. Find me a J/M fan who claim that giving those two a major story will save the show, and I'll find another fan who claims the same thing for JATE. Find me a LUMI fan who claims that their couple will save the show and I'll find an EJAMI fan who feels the same way.

The entire population of Days fans will never be happy and satisfied at the same time, because the show has managed to create the rabid fanbases, all of whom want something different. And thus no matter what the show does, half the viewers are going to be pissed.

It's so easy to sit back and say "putting so and so on the frontburner will fix everything," but the reality is that nobody knows what will save the show. IMO, it's quite possible that nothing will save the show -- or any soap opera for that matter -- and daytime is simply too far gone to salvage.

• Members

That is BS but, in a way, Days has been going up for awhile now. They were bound to slip up soon or later. I also can't blame people for not trusting it so hopefully the longer the upswing continues the better. I think it will jump up again next week.

I think it's surprising though because it was Drake's first week back and one would expect them to at least maintain. Then again, other then the John reveal, there wasn't much action. It was great story. I don't know. There is no rhyme or reason other then this is BS but the ratings have been for years so go figure. Here's hoping for better next week.

At least the dailies are alot better and look at ATWT. It took them awhile to build themselves up. It's an ebb and flow and it's usually gaining slowly that helps you maintain the gain. At least Days had that 2.2 at the end of the week so hopefully that carries well into next week.

Oh, and those that mention the fanbases are so right. They have been killing Days for years now and if the show dies, it's them and Ken Corday I blame without a doubt.

• Members

Well at least DAYS' daily ratings are sorta encouraging. Two 2.2's and 3 2.1's, nothing below that. That is good.

I was honestly expecting a drop this week. DAYS' big gain last week was IMO mainly because of people being home from work/school. This week, all of those people are travelling back and getting settled back in...who knows if they will keep tuned in.

I think DAYS will gain next week or at least remain at 2.1.

No matter how shitty this is for the show....at least we are not a 1.8's and 1.9's like the show was CONTINUALLY getting last summer/fall.

I just hope we don't see MASSIVE drops in Total Viewers and ESPECIALLY 18-34/18-49!

• Members

DAYS staying the same in 18-49 is MAJOR...that is AWESOME news!

Perhaps the household drops will not equal major viewer drops, perhaps DAYS can stay above 2.90 million viewers range.

Also DAYS only dropped .1 in 18-34 and is #1 (which implies other soaps have dropped, cause Y&R had 1.3 last week for a #1 tie, they must have dropped at least .2)

Archived