January 7-11, 2008

Toups

• Members
I know, I'll never get that either. I know for a fact that so so many of the Lumi-fans aren't watching because Lucas is hardly on (they missed some great scenes with him just because they're being stupid) ... Lumi have been on almost every day for the longest time now and suddenly when he's gonna be off air for a while they refuse to watch the show. If it where me I'd be very careful doing things like that since the show might be cancelled and then no one will be able to watch.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed. I think of the Guiding Light fanbases, and boy, did they scare the sh!t out of me! And I can see DAYS and all of their crazy fanbases as well. I've never been a huge extreme supercouple fan. As long as I have my bad bitches, then I'm a happy viewer! I was a member for a message board awhile back and I got all of these crazy ass personal messages and they were from people who had their own personal favorite supercouple. One woman wrote, "Can you believe _________ likes E.J. when E.J. raped Sami? I would be so embarrassed to be an Ejami fan!" Then I got another woman who said this, "____________ thinks she has a really hot Lumi avatar, but I'll prove her wrong! Ejami is totally hot they sizzle on the screen!" Believe me, I had even stranger pm's, but I finally said "Peace out!" and I haven't been back since.

• Members

yeah - i really do think thats why Y&R and B&B have stayed at the top - there fan bases are victor vs jack and brooke vs stephanie - and thats always going on! as long as they have the basics most of the fans are happy. Y&R's ratins didnt tank til the show sucked all around - and even then it hasnt tanked that bad.

to some extent thats why i would say GH has also been able to stay in the top 4-5. it has crazzy fan bases, however they still pretty much watch. it main reason for the drop is how it all around sucks now.

however Days, GL, and AMC fans are just insane with the fanbase wars - and look at them all fall to the bottom.

OLTL's drop was due to the show sucking all around. thats why it can also come back, IMHO.

• Members

ITA with all of you who say that fanbases are some of the biggest contributors to DAYS and daytime's decline. Fans get so fixated on a certain couple or character that they lose interest in the show as a whole.

Again, Y&R and B&B have generally avoided this, the shows are more ensemble based and so they haven't really fallen prey to the fanbase phenomenon. I hope it stays that way!

GH is terrible right now, the numbers it gets boggles the mind, AMC is a disaster and OLTL is sandwiched inbetween the two (it's also overrated in my view).

GL is pulling in terrible numbers, hopefully the new filming will shake things up a bit. ATWT is doing quite nicely, Jean Passante should still have a job after this strike is over even though she's a royal cow.

DAYS, essentially, is screwed. Not having a sister soap has really hurt the show and it doesn't help that NBC doesn't seem committed to promoting the show at all.

The Bell soaps are holding generally steady because they've both improved a lot in the last few weeks. Hopefully LML has been permanently ousted, my heart would break if that plot driven bitch sailed back into Y&R after the strike.

• Members

DAYS FROM 2006-2008 IN JANUARY

BEST HIGH IN 2006 TOTAL VIEWERS IN JANUARY:3,744,000

BEST HIGH IN 2007 TOTAL VIEWERS IN JANUARY:3,647,000

BEST HIGH IN 2008 TOTAL VIEWERS IN JANUARY:3,102,000

BEST IN HH 2006 IN JANUARY:2.9

BEST IN HH 2007 IN JANUARY:2.7

BEST IN HH 2008 IN JANUARY:2.3

BEST IN WOMEN 18-49 VIEWERS 2006 IN JANUARY:1,415,000

BEST IN WOMEN 18-49 VIEWERS 2007 IN JANUARY:1,240,000

BEST IN WOMEN 18-49 VIEWERS 2008 IN JANUARY:976,000

BEST IN WOMEN 18-49 RATING 2006 IN JANUARY:2.2

BEST IN WOMEN 18-49 RATING 2007 IN JANUARY:1.9

BEST IN WOMEN 18-49 RATING 2008 IN JANUARY:1.5

BEST IN GIRLS 12-17 VIEWERS 2006 IN JANUARY:74,000

BEST IN GIRLS 12-17 VIEWERS 2007 IN JANUARY:63,000

BEST IN GIRLS 12-17 VIEWERS 2008 IN JANUARY:82,000

BEST IN WOMEN 18-34 RATING 2006 IN JANUARY:2.3

BEST IN WOMEN 18-34 RATING 2007 IN JANUARY:1.8

BEST IN WOMEN 18-34 RATING 2008 IN JANUARY:1.3

BEST IN GUYS 18+ VIEWERS 2006 IN JANUARY:834,000

BEST IN GUYS 18+ VIEWERS 2007 IN JANUARY:761,000

BEST IN GUYS 18+ VIEWERS 2008 IN JANUARY:711,000

• Members

Glad to see ONE LIFE up in the ratings. ATWT viewers come to ONE LIFE, it beats the hell out of ATWT! Plus ONE LIFE doesn't kick off or force off very popular actors like Cady McClain, Grayson McCouch, Jesse Lee Soffer, Jennifer Landon & Scott Bryce.

I don't get the doom & gloom about DAYS. DAYS is in 5th place dammitt. DAYS is doing great right now, the ratings dropped from last week, but such is the soap biz. I agree DAYS should be ahead of GH, Y&R and ATWT (ONE LIFE should be as well).

AMC should be jumping in the ratings. I've started watching AMC again this week and am pleased of how AMC seems to be on the upswing. Love Angie & the Real Greenlee's return. Also shocking myself in liking Krystal with Tad?!!! WTF? I cannot stand NuBabe, also am distracted by Jacob Young's long hair, and still not much of a Annie fan, or Leven Rambin fan, also am irriatated by Richie. Right Richie off, as well as Annie, cut Jacob's hair, and re-cast Babe or bring back Alexa Havins!

Archived