Barack Obama Elected President!

Max

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So Ryan should accept full responsibility for saying that your joke reminded him of something a Klansman might do, but you don't have to accept ANY responsibility for offending him in the first place.

Gotcha.

Thanks for clearing that up.

And now, we return to our political round table, already in progress..........

• Members

Well first off you don't get to see other people's warnings. It's a private thing. And I'm quite sure if the mods/admins keep getting reported posts they'll end up closing this thread (which IMO would suck because I love reading it).

As far as me apologizing....why should I? Did I offend you? If you don't want people to relate your comments to that of people who promote bigotry and racism, then don't make such comments.

• Members

Yeah, you did offend me. And, by Wales' standards of offensive posting, your rationale doesn't matter. I was offended, therefore you should apologize as your assessment of my perception of your comments doesn't matter... I DID feel offended, therefore you should apologize.

Of course, I suppose we're all suppose to just apologize, then get back to lovin' Obama. I suppose that's how it is.

Actually, what offends me isn't what you said, so much as your attitude. You act like you've never chatted with me before and have no clue who I am or what I'm about... That's shitty, Ryan.

• Members

On Monday, John Ziegler launched his website, How Obama Got Elected, and came under a deluge of criticism after demonstrating the ignorance of politics and Obama’s positions and statements among Obama voters. First some claimed that Zogby didn’t really do a poll showing these results, and then later claimed that Zogby had push-polled to get them. Yesterday, I interviewed Ziegler to get his side of the story, and later he responded on his website:

While I am gratified that hundreds of thousands of people have viewed (and throughly enjoyed) the youtube video that I created for www.howobamagotelected.com I have been distressed by the general nature of the liberal response (just go to the comments section of the video and see for yourself!).

While I guess I should not have expected much from the followers of a false Messiah virtually installed by an adoring media, even I have been a bit taken aback by the absurdity of much of the reaction to the video and the Zogby poll that I commissioned.

Ziegler rebuts five arguments, two of which are ad hominem and really don’t merit a response (he’s a racist for doing the poll, and he’s conservative and therefore not credible), although Ziegler answers those charges as well.

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/11/19/zieg...to-his-critics/

• Members

Please Obama I'm BEGGING you not to choose Hilary for Sec of State.

That's a disaster in the making and a slap to all your supporters. We're TIRED of the Clintons. Let her go back to New York and take Bill with her.

And GoldenDogs you're a racist in my view. Plain and simple. The only thing is that unlike most racists you are able to hide it very well. Congrats to you. However in the end it doesn't matter.

All your hatred for Obama didn't stop him from winning the election. All the dirty tricks you and the Republican Party tried to play this time around FAILED. The majority of the Americans stood up and demanded an end to that type of politics. And at the end of the day right won over wrong.

For that I'm truly grateful and so proud to be a citizen of the United States and completely ECSTATIC to be from RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA! First time we voted Blue and I helped!

• Members

Look, if you want to jumble up facts to make your point then that's your business but it doesn't make your conclusion right. I don't know that everyone has decided that you are a bigot. Ryan subsequently posted that he was referring to what you posted (which are words) not you. Frankly, the nature of your posts aren't such that they would inspire people to jump to your defense.....especially when some have expressed concern over them. Why. logically, would it motivate anyone to jump to your defense when you haven't given cause to and when it's best that you and Ryan hash it out? You pointed out that I project so I don't have any reason to get involved. You are more likely to hurl insults at me than Ryan is so.....

I don't play the violin but imagine I did. Last time I checked I was one person not Siamese twins or triplets sharing a brain. I speak for myself. I try and maybe I fall short but I do try which is what I should do.

You want Ryan to apologize to you or to be warned in some titi for tat fashion which will what, make you feel better? If Ryan ofended you and you said he offended you then by my standards he'd apologize but on the real human nature side, why should he apologize to you if you haven't apologized to him and the other people your posts have offended? By your logic, you deserve more consideration than they do because you posted things they found offensive but since you say you're not a bigot (and you might very well not be a bigot). then it's okay for you to offend them. Really?

Agaiin, if I stepped on someone's foot and caused them pain, I shouldn't have to apologize because I meant that person no harm either. Since I'm so full of it.....it's best that I go and get an enema now.

No one expects anyone to even like Obama but attacking him instead of his policies is not the same as having an adult discussion. If you can't see that then you need to take your advice and get a clue. Uhm do you think I care if Republicans or Conservatives want to whine and run off because the board? I don't even care if Democrats want to whine and run off the board. Run or whatever or be dramatic about it. It's your world....worki it ou.

I paid enough attention to know that you said you were going to post a joke about Jeremiah Wright which Jess then told you had been previosuly told using Billy Graham. Since you did not post that joke, what's the point of asking me this question?

Are you now trying to suggest that the "joke" about killing Obama, his wife and Oprah is the same joke that was told about Billy Graham and if so then I'd like to hear how that "joke" and who was said to be in the plane with him.

Simmer down......

• Members

For that I'm truly sorry. You're not a bad person, I never said you were. I've spoken to you many times and I loved our conversations. My comment was very flippant and sarcastic initially because I reacted to what I perceived to be racist and bigoted comments. Whether or not you dislike Obama is not important to me. I've disliked Bush the past 8 years, so I can't sit here and try to hold you to a different standard that I don't have for myself.

I read your post last night and I was going to respond, but I really wanted to think about what I would say. In all of our discussions in this thread, I had forgotten the kind of person you are. I didn't think of the Brian who has given me advice on things in my life, or the Brian who has been a good friend to me over the past couple of years. All I saw was something that really disappointed me and didn't expect to come from someone like you. Maybe I misread or looked too far into your comments and was looking for something to be offended by.

• Members

I am not going to look at any of that information only because it's useless to me personally. I don't think people should waste their time or energy attacking him.

The media didn't install Obama.....that's a fallacy and an insult to every person who participated in the process no matter whom they voted for. The fact is that a great deal of the media coverage on him was negative. The only person that basically went under the radar was Joe Biden.

Obama doesn't claim to be the Messiah so giving him that title is just a way of insulting him and the people who voted for him but more than that it is a sign of bitterness towards him. The problem is with the individuals who choose to categorize him that way. Of course the churches that are still insisting he is a Muslim might have an issue and see how that conflicts with the Al Quaeda leader who says that Obama is just a house negro doing what his white master tells him.

There have always been and will continue to be people who vote and are ill informed so to imply that this is just about Obama is ridiculous and does not take into account the fact that there are Republicans who voted who are just as ill informed.

Sour grapes are what they are. All of this lamenting over how it happened isn't going to change the results and if people are looking at it solelu as a means of trying to negate or devalue the results then those people need to let it go and move on. The 2000 election results are probably more of a learning tool than this year's.

If the media is that powerful then the GOP might as well start working on getting them to choose a Republican for President since people will start falling all over someone now if the media says to do so. :lol:

• Members

We were kind of sort of discussing whether the auto industry should be bailed out. I also want to throw in some states looking for help.

California still has a budget crisis and the great elected officials were supposed to be meeting yesterday and I guess every day until they "fix" it. It was reported that most of them weren't around though. A number are said to be all over the world or nation on junkets. The Governor was said to have taken a break from his "Green" event in downtown Los Angeles to fly to Sacramento in his jet, where he stayed for a couple of hours before going back to Los Angeles. The whole carbon emissions/jet thing sort of files in the face of the "Green" message.

Is anyone disappointed in the leaked potential cabinet members so far? I just watched an iReport of someone who is hugely disappointed that "change" means the Clintons.

Archived