DAYS: Casting News

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, now I feel very, very old. The Partridge Family was my favorite show when I was a pre-teen, and I had such a crush on Keith (David Cassidy). So to think that some of you don't know who she is....I can't even imagine! Anyway, I love Shirley Jones, and she is a very good actress so I'm excited about this. I'm sure she will probably be Colleen, which is much better than Ali in make-up and a wig.

I'm off to I-tunes to download "I Think I Love You", "Come on, Get Happy"....

• Members

She looks really good for her age, but they could always make her look older. Remember Estelle Getty on the Golden Girls? She was in her '60s-early '70s and they had her as an Octogenarian! Her daughter, portrayed by Bea Arthur, was actually a year older than SHE was, in real life!

I agree that rampant SORASing tends to muck things up, but I don't think it applies here.

• Members

Soap-Soft-ing "Days"

Shirley Jones joins the cast of NBC's "Days Of Our Lives" in Feb. The Oscar winner ("Elmer Gantry," 1950) will play the role of Colleen Brady -- complete with Irish brogue. (She's studying with Robert Easton who has coached over 2000 actors including Forrest Whittaker last year for his Oscar-winning role in 'The Last King Of Scotland.")

It's Jones' first outing in a soap and she acknowledges "It's hard work! I didn't want to do it -- but they gave me more money than --" No she will not be singing on the tv'er stories which bow in February. But come March, Shirley will be concert'ing again around the U.S. before heading on a cruise down the Amazon with Ed Asner, Patricia Neal and other friends.

http://www.armyarcherd.com/2008/01/my-peoples-choi.html

• Members

So Colleen didn't die? I guess this will make a good interseting storyline for DAYS. Who's the woman that Stephano said that is an evil woman that would make his life hell or something and wants her destroyed? I thought this was John Black's mother, but is this Colleen Brady instead? I need help with this one because there are a lot of wonderful things going on at DAYS right now. ;)

Ouch. I don't like this part especially when DAYS had to do cast cuts etc. They need to save their money IMO.

Archived