2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At one point, I'd have said what you're saying about doubt about solo HW positions, too. And, I believe at one point that CC was steadfast that she didn't want to be in that position. But, given today's landscape, I've changed my mind. So, she looks better & better given what's out there. If that makes sense, ... sadly.

But, I adore Millee. I adored her when she was a behind the scenes consultant at GL as well as when they pressed her into actual HW service. But, she didn't want to be there because of the interference, did so anyway, and said that at the point that it drove her crazy, she'd be outta there. I get that.

• Members

Is this Y&R's current team?

Head Writer

Maria Arena Bell

Co-Head Writer

Hogan Sheffer

Associate Head Writers

Scott Hamner

Beth Milstein (script editor)

Natalie Minardi Slater (on maternal leave)

Breakdown Writers

Paula Cwikly

Jay Gibson

Marla Kanelos

James Stanley

Scriptwriters

Amanda L. Beall

Cherie Bennet & Jeff Gottesfeld

Janice Ferri Esser :rolleyes:

Eric Freiwald & Linda Schreiber

Thom Racina

Lisa Seidman

Sandra Weintraub

• Members

And B&B:

Head Writer:

Bradley Bell

Co-Head Writer:

Kay Alden

Breakdown Writer:

Elizabeth Snyder

Scriptwriters:

Janice Ferri Esser :rolleyes:

John F. Smith

Patrick Mulcahey

Tracey Ann Kelly

Adam Dusevoir

Shannon Burke Bradley

Who are the consultants?

• Members

Jerry Birn is still listed as consultant. I don't think I have seen an Esser script.

Didn't someone tell us Gibson is already gone? I did see him in the credits recently, though. I don't recall seeing Esser (I can't say I watch that closely), but I'm 90% Bennett/Gottesfeld are gone.

• Members

Bennett/Gottesfeld's final ep aired July 10. I don't know why Toups said they are still writing.

Gibson isn't gone. He wrote the Aug 14 episode. There has been no word on his exiting (maybe you were thinking about Marc Parent).

• Members

Specifically, it was the moment at which the ashes of David Chow (played by Vincent Irizarry) were poured on a wheelbarrow full of horsesh*t by Melody Thomas Scott's Nikki Newman.

It signalled the end of one of the most horsesh*t stories EVER TOLD at Y&R.

• Members

It should be interesting to see what happens at DAYS in the coming weeks/months. Will Noel Maxam stay on as a producer now that his friend and mentor is gone or will Gary Tomlin replace him? I bet most of those former Y&R directors will leave/get fired if Maxam is gone, unless they leave out of loyalty to Scott first or are fired as well.

And if those directors leave DAYS, I don't see them back at Y&R unless David Shaughnessy comes back. I think they'll all sadly leave the industry for good, Kathryn Foster was doining nothing until Scott convinved her to come back to join him at DAYS.

Archived