2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

That is true about the story - however i do see the point they make about trying to catch the new viewers. the younger demos, etc. because there IS a stigma with soaps. however crazy it is that they still have it, they do. And by doing splitscreens, outdoor scenes, etc and doing what other shows do it does give them a diff feel. however it has not worked. and not ony has it not worked it has also driven away the older fans. it was a lose/losy and they still do it.

however soaps are going to be dead in the next 5 years, IMHO. they just are. the main issue, yes above even the bad writing, is the timeslot. i honestly do think soaps timeslot is causing much more harm than bad writing.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really need to go listen to this interview. It's always fascinating to me which writers get sainted and which get vilified before people even hear a word they have to say on a subject... and how quickly opinions change.

Off to listen to MP!!!!!

• Members

I've never had this problem before, but I can't get it to load the ad before the show. It's getting stuck. It's gotta be a BlogTalk issue because I've used this with the same browsers a hundred times before, and never encountered this.

Damn wires and tubes... :-)

Archived