2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

Kathy Foster belongs at Y&R, it was pathetic that she was ousted by LML...a terrific director and a very capable producer. She never got the respect she deserved at DAYS. Maxam becoming a producer over Foster at DAYS boggled my mind.

And Y&R desperately needs Mike Denney.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Sadly, I think all of Ed Scott's "people" (Maxam, Denney, Foster, Saitta) will exit.

People just like to work with people they know.

I'm sure many Sunset Beach/Passions behind-the-scenes personnel will arrive. Here are some possibilities:

Directors - Peter Brinkerhoff, Jim Sayegh, Karen Wilkens, Grant A. Johnson, Phideaux Xavier (if Gary can steal him away from JFP)

Producers - Lisa De Cazotte, Richard Schilling, Mary Kelly Weir, Jeanne Haney

• Members

DAYS dodged a huge bullet by Lisa De Cazotte being over at GH:NS. I bet NBC would've loved nothing more than to force Corday to replace Scott with her. I do see her there as a lower-level producer as well.

*ducks, I know how much you like your Passions crew, Toups*

One can only hope that the new Y&R EP, whoever the hell he/she is, steals those directors back, but I still think it's very unlikely.

• Members

Isn't Michael Minnis still associate head writer?

Right now, Jerry Birn is the only story consultant. Janice Ferri Esser had been billed in that role starting in 2007, but SoapsForever posted a few pages back that Brad Bell never really used her in that role and let her go when a contract cycle ended, and Birn was billed as the only story consultant in mid-July.

• Members

Who else do they have to get rid of? They've got Arena and Sheffer as HWs, they obviously don't want to get rid of Hamner or Slater. The only other LML hire is Kanelos. Milstein/Beall/Gibson/Racina/Seidman are all new folks.

I assume the EP change will make another change?

• Members

Beall and Seidman can go. Hamner, too.

Also, I know some are going to attack me right after they read this, but they need some people who worked there previously. Like 1 or 2. Not Esser, not Minardi. 

Besides... dmarex... Don't you think that team is still too big

• Members

Kanelos can also join those three.

If you don't want Esser or Minardi, I'd gladly like to see Trent Jones, Jim Houghton, Rex Best.... or any of similar back.

Yes, the team is big. Since it's conception, Y&R mostly had very small teams. They have around 15 writers (with Ferri joining 16, if that's true?)

Do you think other might get mad if we get all Y&R-talking again?

• Members

Yes, I totally agree!

Except... Instead of Trent, I'd bring Minnis. 

Yeah, they probably will. I'm annoyed by the talk, too. :D

Soon Pratt will start bringing his people and we'll talk about Pratt!

And then Guza might be fired! 

Archived