ATWT: Uncasting News

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't knock Brian Bloom's attitude toward ATWT these days. Larry Bryggman feels almost exactly the same way; and yet, I'd shove just about anyone in front of a passing subway train if it meant getting my beloved Dr. John Dixon back. (Hyperbolically speaking, of course. ;) )

That said, if luring Bloom back to the show is an impossibility, then I say, recast. Barring that? Just send Dusty out of town. But for God's sake, Jeannie (Passanante), don't kill Dusty off. He's the only true Stenbeck heir! (Not that you'd know that, but, I'm just saying.)

• Members

Exactly. The most he's been able to accomplish in primetime is become nothing more than an occasional character actor who guest stars on a major show in a minor role every now and then. Compare this to Grayson McCouch, who after leaving AW managed to advance his career with a role in a blockbuster movie, yet saw no reason for shame in returning to daytime when offers weren't coming in.

• Members

Brian was also approached to return to ATWT before Grayson was cast and turned it down. No way do I see him returning.

Grayson hasn't stayed this long anywhere so it doesn't surprise me. There has been opportunity for plenty of story but they just haven't done it. I would love for this to just be a leave or rather than recast I would like to see them leave it open and see if he might return at a later date. With the writer's strike going on it kind of surprise me that he wouldn't sign for another year. I'm really sorry to see him leave. Too bad he doesn't have his website anymore to get a better idea of what is really going on.

Archived