DAYS: SOD Casting News

Evan

• Members

I am glad hes going - and glad its temp.

A big change needs to happen in this storyline. I need to see Sami fall for EJ and be torn. Because im not feeling it yet - and im a EJami fan!

I too agree, Will shot EJ and Lucas takes the fall. When hes gone Sami & EJ wil grow closer and closer and closer and then BAM! luc is back. i like the idea.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How does one act intensely smug? I've always thought there was a certain implicit nonchalance to acting smug that would honestly be negated if someone went about it with intensity. And as an EJami fan, I'd like to know I'm posting the part. So let me know. Because I think a lot of EJami fans could flip your script on you and around this time last year we were saying pretty much the same thing except it would be:

EJ has gotten the bitch slot and I'm disgusted by it. Do I think Lucas and Sami have a lot of history that should be respected? Yes, very much so, and it should be a great triangle. Operative word 'should.' But the story is awful, the villifying of EJ is awful and the way EJ/Sami has been devalued is disgusting to me. All it's made me do is resent Lucas and Sami and root for EJ, especially when I deal with the intensely smug "Lumi" fans.

But enough idiotic fanbase sniping that accomplishes nothing... regarding this spoiler, hopefully this is cutting the cord on this triangle and TPTB at long last really and truly picking a side so this storyline can FINALLY MOVE ON and when Lucas comes back, which I'm sure he will, he will get his own new story that has nothing to do with him being lied to by Sami or disowning Kate (as that is when I can actually tolerate him because I don't feel like he is bringing down my favorite beyotches with them trying so hard to please him for reasons I'll never understand).

p.s. TylerBo... I am so with you in wanting Christie Clark back for this. If Will was the shooter it would be outstanding if Carrie came back WITH LUCAS AND WILL if only so at long last I can selfishly get the Carrie-Anna scene I'm dying for.

• Members

Christie is quite happy working off screen at the moment with her clothing line and her restaurant, and she is expecting a child with her husband.

As much as I want her back, I doubt it will happen.

Although it would be great just to have her back temporarily for this storyline.

She acted her ass off with mediocre direction and writing for years, it would be great to see her shine under the direction of actual talent.

• Members

Sort of like that, yeah.

First of all, I very rarely post about DOOL anywhere, so you can't "flip the script" on me personally. I simply watch. Second of all, as for "vilifying EJ last year"...um, I don't really know how to tell you this, but that was the show. The show wrote EJ as a huge villain last year. Remember him taking responsibility for having killed that cop? Infecting Steve and Kayla? Terrorizing Sami? The Gloved Hand? Shooting John? None of that was those evil evil fans. That was DOOL's choice. There was very little of "EJ/Sami" for them to 'devalue' in 2006 because he had only been on the show since summer and had been ill-defined until Hogan took over and he became a real villain. I don't know what great EJami romance you're remembering prior to Hogan Sheffer, but as soon as he got there, EJ was a cop killer and the gloved hand. There wasn't much in between.

Now, none of that is necessarily bad - I liked EJ last fall - but not when you try and tell me EJ and Sami's "history has been devalued" at that time. There was no history between them except for some silly flirting and a bit of scheming! EJ originated on this show for the most part as a villain. JERk always intended him as such and so did Sheffer. He did horrible things. All I ask is they fess up to it instead of trying to overly romanticize him. GL never had to make it into cotton candy and puppy love with Roger Thorpe, who also seduced the woman he raped, BTW, and the fans didn't get angry. Meanwhile, presenting Lucas as the shouty, controlling alternative to the man who forced her to [!@#$%^&*] him while he was on the run from the law really doesn't sit with me. If people don't like Bryan Dattilo that's their prerogative, but to say Lucas is somehow deeply controlling and EJ just is so great and permissive and understanding....it's ridiculous. Lucas and Sami both turned over a new leaf to be together after so many years, and Lucas has consistently put Sami and his son first to try and build a family with a woman who is still growing up and learning not to make everything about her. Meanwhile, virtually everything EJ has ever done to Sami has been about isolating and controlling her so he can have her for himself and have all of her attention. And that's not out of character, either; that's who he's always been. That's what their story is; dark passion. Playing a horrible [!@#$%^&*] Irish flute song and trying to show me EJ the sensitive luvah and try and make them Shawn and Belle is a crock and hurts their chemistry.

I think they all have great chemistry and EJ is as conceived a great character. But when people try to tell me EJ the cop killing rapist is such a nicer and more progressive guy than "caveman Lucas" I wonder what they're sniffing. Nor has the writing backed any of it up because the horrible writing shifts for the characters every three to six weeks. EJ's motivation is so fluid and vague because they don't know how to fix things.

• Members

Just a few thoughts, based on some of what I've seen in here:

"Second of all, as for "vilifying EJ last year"...um, I don't really know how to tell you this, but that was the show. The show wrote EJ as a huge villain last year. Remember him taking responsibility for having killed that cop? Infecting Steve and Kayla? Terrorizing Sami? The Gloved Hand? Shooting John? None of that was those evil evil fans. That was DOOL's choice. There was very little of "EJ/Sami" for them to 'devalue' in 2006 because he had only been on the show since summer and had been ill-defined until Hogan took over and he became a real villain. I don't know what great EJami romance you're remembering prior to Hogan Sheffer, but as soon as he got there, EJ was a cop killer and the gloved hand. There wasn't much in between."

EJ's villain status didn't even start until it was revealed he was a DiMera. Yes, he was brought on as a new villain...but Days has done this before. Wasn't Jack pretty much a villain to start? Villains do sometimes get redeemed...all soaps have a history of that. And no, I do not remember EJ taking responsibility for killing Eve. In fact, it would have been hard if not impossible for him to have shot her, since he was with Sami and Lexie. The only time he was not with them was when Marlena went in to see Sami and asked to talk with her alone. EJ went outside. However, when Marlena left, he returned to Sami's room and we saw Marlena walk up to John, who was standing and talking to Eve. Marlena even introduced herself to Eve as John's 'wife'. Eve was shot sometime after that. As for EJ claiming he did it, the only thing he said to Patrick when Patrick accused him is that she had to be eliminated. I still think EJ did a lot of bluffing with Patrick to keep him under control...if he was afraid of EJ or the repercussions by ignoring his orders, he (Patrick) would be a better soldier for EJ. I think EJ was a bit of an opportunist, and maybe still is. If something happened (not of his doing) he would play it up to benefit from it somehow. I don't think EJ took credit for any of the other stuff that happened that summer. He told Patrick they were just two of the people who were wearing the black gloves. To me, that summer was romantic for Ejami...the tango on the pier, eating oysters, dancing in the abandoned house...I loved it. Sami might have been engaged to Austin but Ejami was my favorite romance that summer.

• Members

You can pretend EJ was lying to Patrick if it makes you feel better about trying to paint him as a hearts and flowers romantic lead - which EJ should never be, even if he is somewhat redeemed - but there is no evidence to indicate that onscreen or in the scripts. And yes, he did claim to be the killer of Eve Michaels, and the show ignored the time paradox to say so.

Everything from before Sheffer was the show treading water with EJ, but even Reilly intended for EJ to be a DiMera and the Gloved Hand. Period. To say EJ's "best days" was that early, plotless, horribly-written [!@#$%^&*] written by Jim Reilly which only lasted a couple months when he's now been on the show only over a year is a little ridiculous.

And before EJ we never had this "Lumi is awful" nonsense either. It is possible to like both...when they're not horribly written.

• Members

Your arrogance is coming through in true colors. One an say you are pretending when you write what you have written. Besides Lucas is a two tie murderer who sent Sami to death row so lets not pretend he is some romantic lead.

No EJ never claimed to be killer of Eve!

Reilly was writing Ejami in romance way. We had many romantic scenes but as soon as Hogan came on it was poof EJ is bad and Lucas is good and now all of sudden cares about Sami when he was screwing Carrie 1 week earlier.

Yes, Lumi is awful

• Members

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And EJ is a man who terrorized his victim for months after raping her. On top of that, he's responsible for almost killing Max & Stephanie, as well as many other horrible things. So let's not pretend he is some romantic lead. <_<

Reilly was going to make EJ the black gloved hand. Hence why Hogan revealed that EJ was the gloved hand months before the story ended. No need to have the audience believe something when it was just going to be him in the end. And no, EJ's transformation wasn't suddenly "poof" he's bad, Lucas is good. EJ always had a motive when it came to Sami. He used her, pretended to be one way when he really was.

Yes, EJami is awful.

Archived