DAYS: SOD Casting News

Evan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's only short-term due to story.

I bet he goes to jail for Will. They will bring Gerse back for a few days and he will go to jail for his son. Either that or he will be presumed dead in the big Dimera/Brady event Casiello hinted at and that will bring Ejami closer.

I actually don't like this in a way. Lucas may be annoying but he is a Horton and one of the few left. I wonder if they may just be testing the waters and seeing if Ejami can work with him out of the picture. He better not be gone for good. Under Ed, the writing for Lucas at times has been alot better. I guess it will be nice to get a break in a way.

I'm not worried about the balance because they have toned down a bit on Lucas/Sami/EJ in recent weeks. If anything, this may help us to see Bo/Hope/Marlena more.

This is shocking news though for Days. I wish they would just have Lucas go to jail and EJ end up presumed dead. Then focus exclusively on Sami for awhile and her being a mother and developing on her own a career or something.

Then, once her character has been repaired, bring Lucas back and start developing and repairing him and then they can bring EJ back shortly thereafter. Sami is a mess writing-wise but, if this was Hogan's doing, it's up to someone on the team to step in and do something about it. That is why the show needs someone on staff who knows the characters and that is why getting a staff of writers who are good but have to learn the show on the job is a bad idea.

There have been shades of Sami's spark here and there. Hell, we saw it in the EJ fantasy today. I hope ED works on that next and that Higley helps with it too because Sami's character needs alot of work.

Actually, thinking about more, this is bothersome.

I mean, BD is a vet so that part is troubling. However, I am sure many want a break from him but also a break from the other three.

Definitely a heated issue :lol:

• Members

I disagree. I used to like Lucas a lot, but he's been a one-note character for a while. He's still saying "What's going on?!?!?!" half a year later. I haven't seen any writing change...

I don't want him off the show, but a break will be nice. I'd like to see a break from Sami, too.

• Members

Yeah I concur. As I said, Lucas annoys me, but...I think it's the fact that he's a vet and he's being cut, even for alittle while, that I am not cool with. He's a Horton dammit! Actually, one of the few Hortons still in storyline rotation. With all the focus on the wrong characters we've had, I would think we need all the familiar faces we can get.

• Members

I'm glad it's only temporary.

Lucas has gotten the bitch slot and I'm disgusted by it. Do I think E.J. and Sami are hot? Yes, very much so, and it should be a great triangle. Operative word 'should.' But the story is awful, the whitewashing of him is awful and the way Lucas/Sami has been devalued is disgusting to me. All it's made me do is resent E.J. and Sami and root for Lucas, especially when I deal with the intensely smug "EJami" fans.

Archived