ATWT : Barbara spoiler from TV Guide

• Members

Basically says Barbara will get the same cancer Colleen Zenk Pinter had.

CZP said she went to pitch the idea, but before she could, Chris Goutman pitched it to her.

The bad news will hit Barbara January 2nd, the same day she's banned from the baptism of her grandchild. "She's all alone and desperate when she gets the diagnosis," Pinter says. "She ends up at the church after the christening praying for help. Let me tell ya, that was a tough scene to get through."

How will this story play out? "Hard to tell because of the writer's strike," she says. "But I told Chris, 'This cancer can be a real killer, so don't let Barbara ignore it too long. I need my job!'"

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So Chris Goutman pitched this to her?! Not surprised because one of Passenante's first moves was to backburn Barbara. She'll probably be better off with the scab writers. Hopefully they see her talent and work this story! CZP deserves it and is overdue!

• Members

I'm kind of impressed, kind of not. I'm not because it will no doubt be a retread of Barb's tumor story, and end up buying her her children's forgiveness. But I am impressed about any story that CENTERS on the wonderful CZP.

• Members

LOL true! I had forgotten that story. It was only like 3 years ago, right? That's funny.

I'm personally sick of Barbara kissing Gwen and Will's feet and having to beg for forgiveness. Give her something better to do!

Interesting what she said about the writer's strike. Does this mean that ATWT is already taping scab material and the actors are starting to see how weird it is?

• Members

It sounds promising. Will it be? We'll have to see.

I hope the storyline centers around Barbara. This shouldn't be just another way to cause conflict or spotlight for Will and Gwen. Pinter deserves a storyline, all her own, and a storyline like this, so close to Pinter's heart because she dealt with the same tragedy, she should knock these scenes right out of the ballpark.

Archived