Madonna - new album will be called Licorice

Sylph

• Members

Madonna's album 'named Licorice'

Madonna's next album will be called Licorice and will be released in April, according to music website Billboard.

Former Billboard editor Larry Flick revealed the news on his radio show and played two new songs - Candy Shop and The Beat Goes On - the site said.

But Madonna's record label - Warner Bros - rejected Flick's story, saying the title and release date he had revealed were both wrong.

It will be Madonna's last studio album for the label.

Her future releases will come out under a ground-breaking recording and touring deal with concert promoter Live Nation.

Candy theme

A Madonna fan site - Drowned Madonna - said the album featured Kanye West and was finished several days ago.

The site reported that the singer used a room decked out in a candy theme to play tracks to record company staff in New York.

The album will contain 13 songs, while the singer is trying to choose whether Candy Shop or 4 Minutes To Save The World will be the first single, the site said.

It also gave details of another track called Miles Away, which it said was "dance and acoustic someway at the same time", adding: "Madonna has a lot of harmonies on it. Her voice sounds great."

Drowned Madonna said Licorice was the name given to the album in mock artwork made by one fan, which then spread around the internet, but that the finished album is tentatively being called the album was tentatively titled Give It To Me.

Madonna's UK publicists said they could not confirm any information.

A Warner Bros spokesperson said Larry Flick's radio station "does not know what it is talking about...wrong title, release date wrong etc."

The reports came as Madonna received a Grammy Award nomination for best long form music video for her film of The Confessions Tour.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Madonna Names New Album 'Licorice'

Madonna has christened her final Warner Bros. studio album "Licorice," and will release the set in late April. The news was broken today (Dec. 6) on former Billboard editor Larry Flick's Sirius Satellite Radio show "OutQ."

On the broadcast, Flick also aired two songs from the album, "Candy Shop" and "The Beat Goes On." Both cuts leaked online earlier this year.

Unconfirmed reports from the fan site DrownedMadonna.com say Madonna previewed the album in recent days for Warner Bros. staff members in New York. Kanye West is said to guest on "The Beat Goes On," while an older unreleased tune, "The Devil Wouldn't Recognize You," appears in a new version.

As previously reported, following "Licorice" and a greatest hits collection, Madonna will record for Artist Nation, a new initiative launched by concert promoter Live Nation.

The 10-year deal encompasses all of Madonna's future music and music-related businesses, including the exploitation of the Madonna brand, new studio albums, touring, merchandising, fan clubs/Web sites, DVDs, music-related television and film projects and associated sponsorship agreements.

• Members

I LOVE MAdonna, I paid way too much to see her in San Fran 2 years back, have basically a shelf with every Madonna albuma nd single, etc etc but... I dunno How is candy theme a "new thing" lol. It seems tired and lacking to me--this is judging on these rumours and the leaked demo of Candy Shop only mind you. I'm also disappoitned to see her following all these trends... But I'll of course give it a chance.

Sylph said:

" What a travesty...

First she calls it Licorice, then she renames it... Farce."

Nah to be fair the Licorice was picked up from a fan cover some deluded fan made when they heard the leaked demo of Candy Shop--and decided Licorice would be the name. Some news site (me thinks The Sun--they're known for such false info) ran with it LOL. Madonna never actually named it Licorice and I hoep the candy theme are rumour too

Archived