All: More soap spin offs coming?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How the hell would he have authority to have a Y&R spin-off? I have a feeling this is why Josh Griffith went FiCore now. Remember, Guza's work on Night Shift wasn't covered by the WGA, it was covered by another union.

Anyway, I didn't care for Night Shift and I'm not interested in anymore primetime spin-offs.

And yes, Frons clearly has something against AMC, I don't know why...

• Members

I'm not a fan of the soap spin off, it usually ends up being a watered down version of the original show. I don't know why Y&R would ever consider getting into bed, creatively, with that son of a bitch Brian Frons. It is very possible that Griffith went Fi Core for a proposed spin off...I'm still thinking that he's going to end up working at Sony as an exec, but never say never.

• Members

On the contrary, AMC does deserve a spin-off… then they can dump all the annoying characters on there so we won’t have to see them everyday on the actual show.

You’re happy Frons is sabotaging AMC? Nice

Maybe if he didn't, OLTL's ratings would be better (as AMC is the lead-in).

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Dec 7 2007, 03:58 PM)
I recall Night Shift being on the cheap, so that doesn't surprise me. Not sure how they got around the guild though. Do cable writers *have* to be signed to the Guild?

My understanding was that any scripted one hour television drama was guild territory. If I'm wrong, I'll readily admit it. But I don't see how Night Shift couldn't possibly be under the guild's jurisdiction. It's not like there's a choice in writing unions out there.

That being said, JG being fi-core means he could definitely write a Soapnet spin-off during the strike.

Archived