AMC ---- 1 ROLE RE-CAST

• Members

ABC SOAPS IN DEPTH, 12/4 issue, reports that Jerome Preston Bates is the new Derek Frye, who debuted 11/5 replacing Charles Parnell. The film and stage actor has numerous credits including LAW & ORDER and OZ (where he recurred as Officer Travis Smith). http://home.earthlink.net/~jeromepresbates

Also casting notices have gone out for two African-American characters. The search is underway for an actress to play the contract role of Rhondi, a twenty-ish "sexy, beautiful and smart" female. Then there's Dalton, a 40-50 year old "upscale attorney with political aspirations", who's sheculed to begin taping in December and will stay with the show well into the new year. SID has pics of ex-GH castmembers Marisa Ramirez(ex-Gia) and Réal Andrews(ex-Taggert) and state could they be in ?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Nov 15 2007, 07:18 PM)
Diversity isn't the main problem with AMC, crap storytelling is.

Preach, brother! :D I feel that Frons was "forced" to fire McTavish and that Esensten & Brown were last minute hires. Instead of being HW, they should be writing solo scripts.

• Members

I have an idea--bringing back Reggie. Considering the Erica/Jack/Kendall/Greenlee storyline, why not bring back an African-American tied to 'em all, is loved by AMC fans, and fans know can act? I don't watch AMC these days but a return of Reggie might persuade me.

• Members

i agree. also, reggie & greens had an intersting realtionship/friendship/bro&sis thing and it would be intersting to see that as wellas him interacting with erika and co ... however some amc "fans" would whin e about how reggie was just a prop for the greens is love show...

• Members

Speaking of black characters on this show, who is that black kid with the cute smile who's seen in the show's opening credits right after the character Del? I think I saw him once interacting with Colby a while back though he's mostly never on. I'll bet he ends up being related to at least one of the new black characters that they're bringing on. Sounds to me like Dalton might be his father.

• Members

That is Dre. He is part of this band who lives next to Tad/Krystal/Colby. There is something weird going on with him - he is very upset about something. On 9/11 he got really upset - I'm thinking someone in his family, or maybe him, was a casualty or in the 9/11 attacks.

Anyway - yeah he, along with Colby/Sean, have been really backburnered lately though. They were on a lot in September...then October were barely seen. Maybe they have been changing their ideas on the direction with the story and character based on the future casting changes....

Anyway - this new Derek is much more Derek-like than the previous one. So that is good...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Its about time newbie after newbie but ABC continues to ignore African - American talent

until there is an African American top tier lead character I refuse to watch OLTL or AMC

the only thing that keeps me hanging on to anything Disney/Abc is Genl hospital although

most of their AA are in Stepin Fetchit roles, at least you see them...

2399392350101759456S500x500Q85.jpg

For more information & to purchase tickets

Archived