DAYS: Hogan Sheffer and Dena Higley

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, I realize that, Jane. However, as I've said before, I believe Corday rehired Dena Higley (and demoted Meg Kelly) with the intent of phasing out Hogan Sheffer gradually, leaving Dena Higley as sole HW. If I haven't made that position clear, I apologize.

I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree there. I think Higley's abysmal track record at two different work environments (DAYS and OLTL) proves she is not HW material. But, you know, I'm always open to be proven wrong.

Two things:

1) I don't own a DVR, or even a VCR. Therefore, when I watch DAYS, either on NBC, or on SoapNet, I do so in "real time."

2) There might be some characters who I prefer more than others, but when I watch DAYS (or any soap, for that matter), I watch for the show. My satisfaction with a show does not depend on how often certain characters are shown, or how involved they are in the storylines. If that were the case, I would have stopped watching GL when most of the Bauers and Reardons were phased out over twenty years ago.

With Sheffer and Higley on-board? No offense, Jane, but I'd just as soon not get my hopes up, lol.

Well, Shawn, with the way things are going in this cockeyed caravan we call a strike, I'd get a subscription to Playboy, if I were you.

• Members

So? You got Ed Scott there to make sure things stay at least somewhat on track. I would rather have my show airing then not airing.

Higley sucked as a HW but she was on the Days writing staff for years so she must have done something right. She does know the history and, as I said before, as HW she had some ok ideas like getting Bope involved in adventures and having events like parties and bicentennials to bring the cast together. Plus, she wrote LUMI well. She does wasn't a very exciting write but Hogan likes to write adventure and action so you mix those elements with what Higley is good at and you got a pretty good mix. Plus, there is a better day to day writing team in place then when Higley was there previously. Higley is a co-HW so I'm ok with it as long as that is the case and Hogan is above her. I don't like her being back but I don't think it's going to be as bad as so many people proclaim.

• Administrator

It's obvious Dena and Ken are very close (20+ years relationship). Dena is Ken's choice, so if you go by that, Dena is above Hogan!

They have "equal" titles, but say they argued over something and went to Ken, who do you think Ken is going to side with? That's an easy answer.

• Members

But, it isn't 1985 anymore. Bo and Hope are 20 years older, and have a grown son to boot. Therefore, I think it's a little ridiculous to ask that these two (and Steve and Kayla, for that matter) continue having the same adventures they had when they were young(er).

• Members

So, what else would you have them do? Interact and be involved in stories with their children? I'm all for that but most of Days' audience is not. They are bashing it to high heaven now because Bo and Hope are involved with Shelle rather then their own story. Steve/Kayla fans are a little more understanding of their involvement in Stephanie's story but this does exhibit a point I've been making for years. Days fans box whoever their HW is in and there isn't a whole lot a HW can do to please them or, at least, a majority of them unless they are fans of the whole show.

• Members

I thought Higley got the Bope dynamic well. She just wrote really stupid plots to showcase it. They spent her whole tenure chasing after random day player criminals. Also, having them trade the Fancy Face for a friggin SUV was a weird writing decision.

Archived