GH: Georgie leaving GH ala Frankie Frame??

• Members

News is spreading like wildfire over at SZ about who the next victim will be, talk is that Georgie Jones will be brutally murdered by the killer.

If anyone remembers Frankie Frame's death on AW, know all too well how brutal and disgusting her death was and the outrage from the fans because of it.

Thoughts on this??

For me, if they kill of Georgie in this manner - I am SO DONE with show. SO DONE.

Jen

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is disgusting.

In the last five or so years, GH has become bolder and bolder about permanently putting characters in the ground, 'playing for keeps' with beloved families and children. It was foolish to off Stefan, it's foolish to off Emily even if she is annoying, and foolish to [!@#$%^&*] up Laura as they did. Georgie was born and grew up onscreen. This is just sadistic and shortsighted.

• Members

I don't mind long-running characters being permanently killed off. But you can't do that without there being high stakes and a longterm emotional investment in the story.

Which, P.S. everyone is walking around as though nothing has happened post-Alan's death.

• Members

Ah yes, I forgot Alan.

The issue is not simply killing long-term characters; when it's done right, that's just taking risks for the sake of good story. But GH has successively killed so many important tentpole characters who either are part of the foundation or are full of story potential, or both, for no other reason than shock value.

Archived