GH: Georgie leaving GH ala Frankie Frame??

• Members

"General Hospital" kinda reminds me of "The Edge Of Night" right now! If I recall, that show was very violent and often showcased organized crime/gangster-type storylines with characters being brutally killed almost regularly. BTW, why is the show gunning for the female characters? If someone must die, there are a string of males that I'd like to see bludgeoned and strangled (or something)! Spinelli, Logan, Coop (I wouldn't be surprised if someone strangles him since he's not being used in any way), Ric, etc.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh God please let it be anyone but her....

I just don't want Emily or Georgie to die at this ball. Carly? YES! Sam? HELL YES! But not Emily, not Georgie, not Maxie, not Lulu, not Robin, and definitely NOT Elizabeth.

I can tell that I'm probably gonna hate their decision when it comes to whomever they decide to kill off... :(

• Members

I discussed this in a previous thread, but I actually cheered Frankie's demise because I was a Cass/Kathleen fan -- but more importantly, I wanted Cass to return to his bachelor ways down the road.

Then I saw the Nielsen ratings and the phrase "be careful what you wish for" came to mind.

This is the same thing I now tell GH. Killing off recognizable characters may create shock value, but when you're looking at numbers approaching 1.5 a few months later then you'll wish you didn't do this.

• Members

I don't think the fact that they're not utlizing LL's talents makes Georgie the perfect victim. They've gone through too many scenes about her going to school abroad to make a big impact by killing her now. There really isn't anyone to mourn her except Maxie (with Mac rarely seen), and there's no need to give Maxie an additional reason for her self destructive behavior. The only way I see this one is if she's going to be the one that Nikolas possibly goes on trial for "killing" which would bring PC to briefly mourn her and quadruple Nikolas' guilt (adding to the misery missing Emily brings him). Spinelli can conjure up a few phrases about faithful friend. But I don't think they will kill her and I don't even think anyone significant will end up dead (if anyone even dies at all outisde of disposable guards).

The one character I could see them disposing of would be Coop and that would be if they decided to make him an employee of CrA-Z.

• Members

Really, Frankie's murder gets too much credit for "being the final nail in AW's coffin." While it did contribute to the cause, it certainly wasn't the most important factor in it. AW had been on a steady decline creatively and ratings-wise for at least 20 years prior to its cancellation. Unlike its PGP sister soaps, ATWT and GL, it also never had a creative and ratings resurgence like those two had in the late 80's/early 90's. Also, when compared to Days ratings resurgence in the 90's, AW never benefited from it. Had Loving/The City/ Port Charles never premiered, AW would've been the lowest rated soap in the mid to late 90's.

Also, unlike Maureen Reardon Bauer on GL (who JFP also had killed off) Frankie was not a tent-pole character. Though Maureen was also a supporting character, she was considered the next matriarchal figure of GL, Frankie never had the same position.

Frankie's death was gruesome and disgusting to watch, but let's not kid ourselves. AW would've been canceled with or without it ever happening.

• Members

Absolute crazy to kill Georgie off. If GH doesn't want Georgie and Lindze Letherman, write her off, she can go off to college, and/or reunite with Dillon, and/or reunite with mom Felicia. If Georgie is indeed killed off, then they better bring back Kristina Wagner(Felicia) for her funeral, maybe June Lockhart(Maria) as well, plus Scott Clifton(Dillon). Plus Not so sure Emily's gonna die, there are rumors on the Net, that she'll be presumed dead, but actually kidnapped by Anthony Zacharra, who thinks Em is his late wife.

• Members

I think that is probably true. I know I had already quit watching AW before Frankie Frame was murdered so while I was familiar with this I had never seen it until viewing this clip. (And to think JFP killed her off to bring on RKK? What a joke!) Also, looking some stuff up about this I see someone mentioned that if they hadn't killed Frankie they would have had to kill Paulina Cory or Donna Love. Well I always liked those two better than Frankie, so I don't see how that would have helped things.

Now that said, wow that scene was really graphic for daytime. It looked a lot more like a Friday the 13th movie than anything resembling daytime.

Archived