GH: Georgie leaving GH ala Frankie Frame??

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

>> I gotta give JFP credit though, she ROCKED AW production-wise, the show never looked better.

Yeah, but at what cost? I wouldn't say ANOTHER WORLD would still be on the air if not for JFP, but I just hate the fact that she was allowed to dismantle and destroy so much of what had been great about that show.

To this day, I'm still livid over how Frankie's death was handled. If she had to die, fine; unlike most, I don't have a big problem w/ killing off longtime favorites (so long as it provides good story for everyone connected). But the least ANOTHER WORLD could've done was spare Frankie's fans the agony of watching her plead for her life before she was murdered. (Frankly, it was almost as if JFP and Maggie DePriest delighted in giving the audience the gory details.) That was cheap, and degrading, and an insult to everyone who ever cared about her, or her relationship with Cass. (And I won't even go into the fact that it was Joe, and not Cass himself, who was the first to find Frankie's body. That's like ATWT's Kim Hughes dying, and Brad Snyder or even Paul Ryan finding the corpse.)

As for the current situation w/ GH, though, I wouldn't be shocked if Georgie and Emily were both murdered. I absolutely get the feeling that Guza, JFP, Frons, etc. mean business this time around. Heck, before it's all said and done, Bobbie, Skye, or even Alexis could get the axe (er, so to speak) as well.

• Members

JFP is often good with production values. OLTL certainly had a very consistent look during her tenure, in which everything seemed to be filmed through smoke. I remember Felicia Behr or someone saying she couldn't see anything. I thought the show often looked good under Jill, but in many ways she destroyed OLTL and crippled it in ways it has yet to fully recover from. For all her talents she is a cancer.

• Members

LOL! I love Felicia Behr, she truly hated JFP and McTavish. I still remember when she called JFP and McTavish's OLTL "totally unwatchable."

I still don't know how JFP still works for ABC after her disastrous OLTL stint. What made ABC shift her to GH? She was perhaps the most hated EP on the network at that particular time too.

• Members

I think I read that One Life hit #1 in the demo a few times when she was executive producer. I guess that could account for her "promotion" to GH. Damn I'm really procrastinating essay writing if I'm defending JFP. I hated the "ER meets NYPD Blue" AW. GH fans must find it ironic that many AW fans hated that she shoved too many hospital stories down our throats during her tenure :lol:

• Members

Yes, but the show's commitment to violent characters and organized crime plots can't go on if the lives at stake are of no consequence. Guza has to make good on the one-dimensional mythology he created. I've had enough of useless recurring players being murdered too.

I've never understood that sentiment about this particular incident. Was it worse that Frankie was a beloved character, or that the death was too brutal? Just think of that irony, asking for a tasteful murder. :lol: Funny, I've never read that kind of objection to a rape scene. I think that kind of honesty can give a situation some credibility.

• Members

I could care less about production values. The woman put a final nail in AW's coffin and facilitated one of the most horrific things I have ever seen on television. It may be over-emphasizing but it's how I feel and if she does this to Georgie I will never even check in on GH again. She is a character rooted in history and liked by a good amount of the audience and if they kill her in a similar fashion to Frankie, wow. That sends out an awful message to any young fans that may watch because of her and may have trouble watching and it's just horrible for everyone to watch. Ugh. Why does JFP still have a job? ABC needs a massive overhaul.

I still remember Frankie's death. I actually had nightmares about my own loved ones. Alice Barret acted her ass offbut that was just one of the worst things I have ever witnessed.

• Members

I don't watch GH now as much as I used to, but the thought of them killing off Frisco and Felicia's youngest daughter just has my blood boiling. Does this show not really care about the "next generation" on GH? It's obvious they don't care about the veterans like Alan Quartermaine...but to kill off the younger ones like AJ, Justus, and now Georgie...that is just wrong. I will make a point not to watch this happen. :angry:

Archived