DAYS: Monday, 0ct 29

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is also a good amount of Steve and Kayla tomorrow. :) IMO, the best scenes I have seen from Stephanie since her Dayton return (coming from someone who not really a Stephanie fan) - great self-reflection and remorse for past behavior. For those that like family relationship scenes, I thought the Johnson family scenes were extremely well done - warm fuzzy type of stuff with some great humor, too.

• Members

You know, I remember when Sami, Austin, Carrie and Lucas were labeled as teens and were all newbies. And I remember a lot of shows in a first half of 93 when they´d been an only story in the episode and how I was disappointed. So, I really think we need to be more tolerant. Maybe some from this teens are the next big stars of the show.

Now, I do think today´s episode has been boring, mainly because the Chelsea/Nick story is just an afterthought. They needed something to adress the Jett situation and to get rid of the children who were brought in just to keep Nick away from Chelsea, and to show Jeremy is reforming. But both Jeremy and Jett are leaving now and Chelsick are getting back together, so they are useless anymore.

But I´M HAPPY Chelsea and Nick are on again. And Jett was fired. Chelsick was the only somewhat popular teen couple in spring and Sheffer ruined it just when they could have a wonderfull summer romantic storyline as everyone expected. Instead, he let them to have their first lovemaking offscreen! What a stupid, stupid decision!

And I really don´t know what to think about the sorority storyline. If the rapist is really Ford what is the purpose? To show Max as a hero? I think this storyline was supposed to be much bigger with both Jett and Billie having a major part in it and, but they scrapped it and now sort off don´t know what to do with it.

• Members

Lol I agree - loved hearing some of the names from the past!

I don't mind the sorority stuff too much- at least not compared to the TTS storyline, and Morgan is a plus (I think I like Days new casting director!).

Loved EJ and Kate; their conversation was pretty much on spot when it comes to how lucas operates. And I'm still managing to feel sorry for her because of how lucas is treating her. The lucas and sami stuff - well seems they could have found something else to show or at least changed their conversation so they said something new. Go figure.

• Members

I so agree Jane. While Carrie grew up on the show, Stephanie is a character the fans saw for the first 3 years of her life so she is one fans, especially fans of Steve and Kayla, actually have a connection to or at least should have. These character are needed for the future and Days needs to better develop them and I feel like they are right now with the sorority story. It's a much better story then TTS and not as dominating canvas-wise. Another point that goes along with that is the complaints about Sami, Lucas, and EJ's airtime. We went through this last year with Bo and Hope and in past years with other characters (some worse then Sami, Lucas, and EJ) and the reaction was nowhere near as bad. I'm more annoyed that the story has gotten nowhere in a month then I am with the airtime. When the story moves, the airtime isn't as bothersome, at least to me.

Now, on to today, let me start by saying...

I FREAKING LOVE MORGAN!!

Max and her are great. Great chemistry and she can act. She needs to go contract. What a breath of fresh air. Kudos to casting and to Ed because this is his influence here. The fact that I like her right off the bat speaks volumes. I actually like alot of the girls in the sorority. This story is pretty good as a supporting story. Good seeing Nick again. Wish we saw more of Billie. She needs more to do then this. Seems like Jett is completely on the outs :lol: . We don't even get to see him. It seems like this story was truncated a bit.

I am glad the Nick and the kids story is getting tied up and the whole Chelsea bomb thing had a creepy, movie-like vibe to it with the lighting and all. I am glad Chick seem to be on the path to a reunion. Days had a nice couple there and they need to work on repairing that.

I liked the scene where Kate saw that the babies last names had changed and, therefore, so had Lucas's. Lauren played that scene well and I am glad she put up a fight against EJ. I am worried about her doing this though because I have a feeling Kate may be on her last legs so to speak. Sami and Lucas was boring except for the brief moment where Sami showed her spark and feisty side when she told Lucas about making EJ's life hell. I love the EJ death threats. It keeps me going through all the going around in circles. Makes me think we are close to getting somewhere. The dream was awesome. Nice Halloween treat. Loved the mentions of Rex, Cassie, Carrie, Eric, and Kim. That alone made the episode pretty good for me. Glad they remembered everyone there and loved the lighting and vibe of that scene. Not a bad job by Drake at all and Ali was great there. The body bags were creepy. Drake being there does make me wonder, even if we all knew he would be appearing... :lol:

Not a bad show really.

• Members

Since I fell asleep in the middle of the show the first time I attempted to watch it again today here's my take on today's days... :lol:

Yay for Nick kicking ass. I'm happy to see Chick sharing scenes again even if we are stuck with stupid bombs again. At least that Andre isn't responsible (we think) makes it a little more interesting, as do the disco lights for wherever Chelsea is being held captive. And it was so sad when the boys were yelling daddy and Nick was telling the bad guy to stay away from his kids. I hope they're OK!

Boy I've got a headache from all the SOMEONE WILL MAKE AN ATTEMPT ON EJ'S LIFE anvils falling out of all the characters' mouths onto my head.

Lucas talking about being dangerous or needing to take things into his own hands just is NOT credible. I mean yeah I could see him doing something in the heat of the moment but actual premeditation with all of this puffing up his chest stuff? Not seeing it. Blah blah blah vendetta. Blah blah blah have to marry EJ. Blah blah blah not letting you go. ENOUGH! Either divorce Lumi or don't, show. Just don't make us watch them go around in circles about it anymore! And it's annoying how wishywashy Sami is that one minute she shows a little fire like she has a plan to take down the DiMeras from the inside but then she vacillates back to delusionally believing Lucas will make everything all right. GMAFB.

I did like EJ being manipulative but not totally sinister today. Not crazy about Kate being used to prop Lumi more in that just when it seems like she has some character growth, the writers are hellbent on having her relapse into doing anything and everything to have Lucas love her to make Lucas and Sami look like victims more to big bad Kate.

I love Morgan. I really like Max and Morgan. But I was bummed to see Morgan defending Ford because that pretty much blows up my new theory that Ford isn't actually the campus rapist because I have no doubt in my mind that Max will have to play rescuer at some point and Morgan will be victimized. :( BTW, it was today that it finally dawned on me how ridiculous the idea of a campus rapist is. I mean, maybe I'm jaded because I went to a school with like 30,000 students so when they told us freshmen year that 1 in 6 women is a victim of sexual assault that translated into A LOT of campus rapists, not just one, so this story is a bit ridiculous from that standpoint. Of course, so was my university's method for protecting women from rape which was handing them rape whistles, but that's a digression for another day...

Sami's dream was creepy. Yay for Rex and Cassie and Kimberly being remembered. But boo for this being John's last scene. He really did die just so Sami would marry EJ? Lame.

• Members

Shawn, just so you know this isnt directed at you. just a general rant...

before it was Sami of Our Lives it was teens of our lives, murders of our lives, craptastic time of our lives, hobo of our lives, etc.... and long after its sami of our lives it will contenue like this i belive, its the way the show has been for years and years now. always one main focus and the rest all after thoughts.

Archived