Y&R/B&B: Heather Tom coming back as Victoria?

• Members

Anyone think that Heather Tom is coming back to Y&R as Victoria. I just found out that she only signed a 6 month contract with B&B which would mean her stay on the show would end in Feb of 2008. Ameila Heinle's contract ends in Feb of 2008. B&B isnt doing anything with HT as Katie and it seems that Bell just signed her to a quick contract to lock her in place with CBS till they wanted to move her to where they really wanted her. I think they will opt not to renew AH's contract and sign on HT as Victoria when that happens. Doing this gets them to avoid the controversy they faced with the Lily switch and they dont come across bad like GH did by firing a pregnant actress. What are people's thoughts on this?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd like to hope Tom wouldn't be crazy enough to leave the well-written B&B for that Y&R trash. The character of Victoria has been widdled down to nothing. What would be left for her to portray? Plus they've just started a romance for Thorne and Katie.

I think the six month contract was just in case it didn't work out. I also can't see Brad Bell doing LML any favors.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Oct 25 2007, 07:10 PM)
I'd like to hope Tom wouldn't be crazy enough to leave the well-written B&B for that Y&R trash. The character of Victoria has been widdled down to nothing. What would be left for her to portray? Plus they've just started a romance for Thorne and Katie.

I think the six month contract was just in case it didn't work out. I also can't see Brad Bell doing LML any favors.

the show doesnt care about Thorne. None of his relationships post Macy last and if they do, he gets put on the backburner pretty fast. I think Thorne and Katie will just be some small fun before she leaves. Plus B&B is pretty full right now and they have the biggest revolving doors on soaps. I really dont think she will stay past her 6 months. We the viewers see Y&R as trash, but it is HT's home that she grew up on. It has alot of value to her and where her friends and colleagues are. Plus as an actress, she knows she'd be frontburner and a leading character there. Thats something she wont get on B&B bc the character of Katie doesnt have the history that Victoria does. as far as Bell doing LML any favors, its not his decision bc once the 6 months is up, HT can do whatever she pleases

• Members

But B&B now has Kay Alden and several Y&R writers who were very fond of Tom as Victoria. She left Y&R under very poor terms, being fired after the character had been wasted by Jack Smith. I certainly don't think she'd be running back.

B&b used to have a revolving door, but the cast seems stable this year and they've been rotating the story a lot better.

• Members

there really hasnt been since Massimo left. I think they keep her to give Nick family but she doesnt do much. I say just bump her to recurring and if she decides to go, its no big waste. Id also get rid of Donna bc she's a carbon copy of Brooke. Really do we need 2 of them?

• Members

To be fair it looked more like one of my early attempts at scones. And those could dent drywall if flung with the right amount of wrist action. That's why I'm convinced it was thrown.. by LML. And we all know Poppin' Fresh, The Pillsbury Doughboy, throws like a girl.

• Members

>> Victoria limps out the parking garage after being rescued just smiling & waving like she's Queen Elizabeth only to be smacked upside the head with a crescent roll shaped brick that makes her do a double tuck & roll down a hill of dirt.

Pretty much sums up the kind of woman Victoria Newman has become, doesn't it?

Archived