Y&R/B&B: Heather Tom coming back as Victoria?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hell to the NO! Heather Tom needs to stay on B&B where at least she will get some good material under Kay Alden's pen. I think the fact that she was on a Bell soap so long sort of guarantees her some frontburner stuff, now that Brad Bell considers himself sole keeper of the William J. Bell flame. At least, I hope it does, because I am loving Eileen Davidson and HT on this show!

In fact, I know it is sacrilegous to say, but I like HT's Katie more than HT's Victoria in some ways. Obviously they are quite different. But I think if HT were to return to LML's Y&R, she'd be getting seriously craptastic material that would make the shite she got on OLTL look like Shakespeare. I mean, can you see her reduced to making baby "I wuv you" talk with JT? Scowling at Bradbot while they lunch at the Athletic Club? Because that's the extent of Victoria's characterization now.

• Members

First of all, I love Katie. And I love that Heather Tom has carved such a different role from Victoria. I agree with Cat that HT shouldn't leave B&B--She will get fantastic material under Kay Alden and it IS a Bell soap, after all. Despite some of the paterns it has fallen into (lightening-paced romances for example), it has a great identity and HT has said that she wanted to work on a Bell soap. (Small side note: How great is it that B&B still uses the same, wonderful, background music since it debuted? If I'm not mistaken, it's the only soap that still uses such dramatic and serious pieces and it really sets it apart from the other soaps). Don't get me wrong, I love Victoria, but I wouldn't want her back on Y&R... As previously said, her role has been reduced to a whimpy nothing and HT would suffer trying to play that (and the audience with her).

Also agree with Jack: The addition of ED and HT has helped Y&R so much, as well as all the former writers of Y&R (with my darling Kay Alden :D).... The way I see it, B&B is more Y&R now than Y&R is.

• Members

That's exactly what I've been thinking for a while now: B&B has become Y&R and Y&R has become bullsh*t. Kay Alden has brought B&B back to life. THANK YOU BRAD BELL for realizing that you needed help and that the person to help you had to be Kay Alden.

As much as I believe HT's Victoria to be superior to Amelia Heinle on her best day the problem is that under LML even HT would be screwed (I mean look at what she's done to EB, JC, JW, MTS, PB etc)...Now, if LML were to be fired and Kay Alden got control of Y&R...then by all means.

Archived