October 8-12, 2007

Toups

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lol....I can just see it now..

Thats a soap for you. Anyways ATWT has definitely been on fire and I'm glad its doing well even though I don't watch it or comment on it as much as I'd like to.

I think the top 3 soaps on the air in terms of quality (for me as just a single viewer) are GH, ATWT, and Y&R. I just hope they continue to do good things that keep me interested and invested in the characters I've come to love.

• Members

I think I like the idea of Dusty adopting Noah even more than making him his son. With Dusty's history with John, that would be very fitting, even if Noah is if of the age where you normally wouldn't adopt. I really liked the Noah/Dusty scenes a lot and hope they somehow continue.

I've been waiting for a Dusty/Lily romance since 2004 when they first teased us with it after Rose's death, so hope they finally really go there.

• Members

Well, this certainly quiets the rescue movement...for a week, anyway. I just hate that this is going to give Goutman and Passanante encouragement. The show could not get more uneven and lazily plotted. Bringing 2 long-suffering couples together is a temporary thrill, and what do you do the day after? And the day after that? With the other 25 characters?! It's the problem with watching a soap for a couple and not the ensemble. That's why TPTB have gotten away with their tunnel vision. Plot driven dreck pays off as long as long as you give it a big finish!

• Members

Because he beats James Reilly. :lol:

Seriously, some people experienced the same backlash from others during the height of the SSK madness. People fell over each other to praise the story as longtime characters were being killed off and a few posters (myself included) were like "HE'S RUINING THE SHOW!" Luckily, sanity ruled at the end. Bashing writing is nothing new on this board.

As for ATWT: Great job rising to third! Now why the hell are you resorting to the tired "she's not dying" storyline?

• Members

Your post is really interesting and I completely agree.

The product needs to improve. Writing-wise. And, in some cases, acting-wise.

As far as packaging and distribution is concerned, I would like to see soaps on "pre-Primetime" -- between 5-8pm -- like every other country on earth does with their soaps. It would still be Daytime, and it would not interfere with the screening of our favorite Primetime shows. But it would also be shown at a time when kids are coming back from soccer practice, college students are done with classes for the day, parents are (on the whole) returning home from work and most everybody is hanging out in the kitchen, starting to think about dinner.

You need a little background noise while you throw some food together! You need a soap.

7pm could be like the 12.30pm/1pm slot -- for Y&R, AMC and Days.

• Members

Please, I have a question:

this week, b&b had 3,889,000 viewers, and the HH was 2.8

On the 14/18 May week, the total number was lower (3,845,000), and yet, the HH was 3.0.

I don't understand! I thought the number of viewers and the HH worked together, please explain me!

• Members

They don't really work together at all and there are often huge discrepancies like this. Actually total viewers isn't taken as seriously as the ratings which are based on households because it's much more of a guesstimate. The way it was explained to me is that Nielsen asks each of their household's how many viewers are usually watching each TV in the house. So if the residents say that the TV in the den is usually watched by 5 people and the TV in the bedroom is ususally watched by 1 person; if ONE viewer watched in the den, it would be counted as FIVE viewers (even though only 1 watched) and if the viewer decided to watch in the bedroom it would be counted as ONE viewer. If another Nielsen household said they had six people who usually watch in the den, 2 in the master bedroom and 1 in another bedroom and all 3 TV's were tuned into B&B even though only one person was home cleaning throughout the house, it would count as ONE household but NINE viewers (even though only one watched). That is why there can be such a large fluctuation in total viewers and ratings.

Archived