October 8-12, 2007

Toups

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for the graphs, Sylph. For those of us who are more visually oriented they really "paint a picture"

I hate to ask but are you able to extract one for all three ABC shows? It would represent the decline of Brian Frons.

• Members

It is in the context of all these other soaps that Y&R becomes truly miraculous.

It ends on this graph just about where it started, and with normal random fluctuations, the line is essentially flat.

That all this occurred with a MASSIVE behind the scenes shakeup is even more incredible. The audience should be running way, like it is for DOOL...but it's not. Why?

Indeed, the show actually reached some rare heights during LML's regime (the John Abbott death). This fundamentally flat line just astounds me. WHAT IS IT ABOUT Y&R, especially now, that commands this apparently incredible loyalty?

• Members

Well I guess you can pin it on loyalty if thats all you think it is.

However I think that for the most part people watch shows because they truly enjoy them.

That and probably most of Y&R's fans don't allow the negativity that seems prevalent in other soaps to affect their view of the show.

Archived