ATWT, Monday Oct. 15

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No one wants to start today's discussion, huh?

Well, I never thought anything could be as awkward as Aaron and Lucy, but luckily, TIIC are equal opportunity suckage, and made Noah and Luke as sappy as every other teen romance.

WHY, WHY, WHY...can't Carly ever just be happy? And just when I thought Kack was done with the gag-inducing delusions, Katie pressures Jack into buying a house, "so they'll feel married." Of course, I grinned as he agreed, and with the next breath, announced he was living with Carly. But clue me in...when has Katie ever not liked herself? She's justified everything she did to Simon and Carly last year, calling it her civic duty to dog them like the one-armed man, with not one hint of remorse, even when it cost her her marriage to Mike. So, now, "waiting for Carly to die" is going to make her so bitter, she'll hate herself? GMAFB. I'm only surprised she isn't showing up in a nightie and screwing Jack on Carly's couch to "reward him" for his selflessness. And get it on right under Carly's nose.

• Members

Ok, so I really liked today's show it was really balanced, finally a show with three/four storylines going instead of just two storylines. I loved seeing the real Carly showing through today, same with Katie with some of her words. I even liked the Susan/Ali/Will/Gwen scenes today, hopefully they are starting to go somewhere with this storyline. As for Luke and Noah all I can say is finally a whole show where they had six scenes where it was just Luke and Noah and nobody interrupting them. I am really getting into the Lily and Holden splitting storyline, it is really be acted out very well.

Really liked the music at the end of the show as well, very dramatic.

• Members

Well I for one hate where they are going with the Carly storyline. I mean give me a break.....she knows she's going to lose Jack all over again. I loved Brad today....everything he said was right on the money. And I wish they'd decide which way they want Jack to go. Is he in love with Carly or in love with Katie? I mean he's all over the place. I just hope this story doesn't end up with Carly losing everything again....I think that would be the last straw for me only because watching Jack with Katie is about as exciting as watching paint dry.

I really liked the NUKE scenes today. I really like this couple and Van is doing an amazing job in this storyline. As for Lily and Holden I was saying run Lily!!! Man I don't even know what the hell Holden is pissed at Lily for in the first place. She just came out of a coma not long ago and they just had a baby for petes sake. And their son is in the hospital with what could be permanent paralysis and you need time apart? I just don't get it. But if I was her I'd run and never look back....Holden always seems to think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

• Members

Know what PJ? With this blatantly over the top Katie pimping at Carly's expense, I'm now even more firmly planted on Carly's side all the way. The more they try to manipulate me into "loving" the newly sainted Katie and hating Carly, the more I'm drawing a line in the sand. At this point, as long as Carly makes everything OK with the kids, I don't give a rat's a$$ what she tells or doesn't tell Jack or that superficial child-woman he calls his wife. She doesn't owe either of them a damn thing. I remember the words Carly said to JJ at the end of the Idaho kidnapping story when they were getting ready to head back home. She told JJ she was going to do everything within her power to put their family back together. I'm just gonna look at this as Carly doing everything humanly possible to keep that promise to her kids. They all want their mom and dad back together and if this show was written with any semblence of realism, those kids would go along with anything if it meant getting their dad back home with them where he belongs and away from that pink nightmare! :D

• Members

I don't understand what the writers are thinking here. Jack and Carly are your money couple. They are the supercouple!!! Why would you destroy them this way? I just don't understand it. And I hate it. And if they think they are going to bring people over to the dark side that is KACK then they are wasting their time. And this trying to make Katie a saint is beyond annoying. I HATE it!!!

• Members

I'm okay with Carly lying. To me, it's certainly no worse than what Jack's doing, continuing to make these empty promises to Katie, then turning around and saying things like "this is more than an obligation, Carly." It's not Carly being destroyed by this story, she always manipulates things. This story is destroying Jack, who looks almost as bad as Paul right now, just doing whatever he wants. Carly's lie is beside the point, those feelings of his were always under the surface. I can't blame Carly for wanting to have everything she lost back, after nearly dying. She was resigned to accepting that marriage, to the point she was delaying treatment to let Jack be happy on his honeymoon.

I don't understand why they couldn't have just let Kack collapse under the strain of Carly's illness. Katie would have looked just as noble, letting Jack go, knowing he was torn and what that really meant about his feelings for her. God knows that Barbie Dream House is made of spun sugar anyway.

• Members

I've loved the pacing and editing of episodes for the last week or so. Yet, Passanante's track record won't let me give up on hoping she's fired.

What in the world is Holden's deal? Lily proposes a truce, or a way to start over, but he's all "NOPE, NOT GONNA WORK." Getting involved in Dusty's investigation and not knowing that Winston was a wacko are 2 different things, but he lumps them together as the basis for his way out. And they still aren't reasons to end their marriage, because nothing she did was reckless or selfish enough to penalize her. So much for giving Faith hope.

I just love the way Will acts like he's in way over his head with the in-vitro procedures.

Archived