All: Grade the curent writers!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B&B- A - by far the best daytime drama currently on the air. Brad Bell knows his show, and Kay had only added to it. Adding new intersting people like Katie and Ashley helps.

GH - C - The show has its strong points, as well as its weak points. For the most part tho the show is pretty good and still has plety o drama and mystery. Not to mention the most talented cast in daytime.

Days - D - for the most part its bad, but it seems like its getting good again. Mostly due to Ed Scott i assume.

OLTl - C - i dont really watch it, but from what i do see its pretty good and stable.

GL/ATWT get an F. The shows just suck.

AMC & YR dont even get an F ... they are so bad they dont deserve to be graded among the others. I wish i know what grades k-2 used to grade, because i know its diff than a-f, and amc and yr def deserve that.

• Members

Ru, each HW has both strong and weak points. thats how i look at it. and as for the writing team - honestly, i dont care. not even a little. not at all.

i watch the soaps that are good to me when they are good - to me. and i watch them when they are bad. until they are too bad to even watch (hello YR & AMC).

so honestly, as far as writers go i dont have much to say as i really dont care. however i do think Brad Bell is overall the best. He knows his show and altho sometimes it just doesnt work- once he sees that he changes it. B&B is also one of the most watched shows in the world - so the mans gotta be doin summen right. B&B is campy and over the top yes - but thats the way its suposed to be. and its always grounded and not to campy and over the top - something passions always failed to do.

I think that Guza gets a lot of [!@#$%^&*]. He's not the best HW ever no, however, he is a damn good one. I feel he needs a co-HW tho.

HS can be great but seems to be lazy.

the rest pretty much suck.

• Members

These are for the shows that I watch often:

DAYS

Honestly, I have not liked any of Hogan's DAYS tenure(for a *ton* of reasons, most already discussed) up until Scott's appearance. Now the show seems to be getting better and making more sense, IMO. However, there still seems to be this lack of a long-term plan...and I feel it when I watch sometimes. It's recently gotten better(which again I assume is because of Ed Scott), but i'm still like "ok...where is this going?" So...um...I'm gonna have to give you a D- Hogan. After a year, still not really feeling you yet.

ATWT

Well, many dislike Passanante understandably, so I guess I am in the minority here. But, this is like my favorite show right now. I find myself entertained by everything that is going on *everyday.* Her stories may not be the best, but they sure have some great actors that make these stories work. Plus, they seem to have this thing where they have an entire day in one episode and cut to scenes at different locations in one shot(IE. agreeing to meet someone or attend a party and the next minute, that scene is played) so it makes the pacing *seem* faster. Ive been spoiler-free with these guys, so that also seems to work. There are some flaws and characters I prefer not to see, but uh I will give her an A-

B&B

I watch every so often and this seems to be one of the few shows that appears to be the same as it was when I was little. Really. However, Bell seems rather fickle with characters and storylines and the directions he wants them to go in. I will give him a C.

Y&R

I don't recognize the show, for real. I won't be a broken record, so I will just give her a C-, and thats only because of the veteran actors.

• Members

These are for the shows that I watch often:

DAYS

Honestly, I have not liked any of Hogan's DAYS tenure(for a *ton* of reasons, most already discussed) up until Scott's appearance. Now the show seems to be getting better and making more sense, IMO. However, there still seems to be this lack of a long-term plan...and I feel it when I watch sometimes. It's recently gotten better(which again I assume is because of Ed Scott), but i'm still like "ok...where is this going?" So...um...I'm gonna have to give you a D- Hogan. After a year, still not really feeling you yet.

ATWT

Well, many dislike Passanante understandably, so I guess I am in the minority here. But, this is like my favorite show right now. I find myself entertained by everything that is going on *everyday.* Her stories may not be the best, but they sure have some great actors that make these stories work. Plus, they seem to have this thing where they have an entire day in one episode and cut to scenes at different locations in one shot(IE. agreeing to meet someone or attend a party and the next minute, that scene is played) so it makes the pacing *seem* faster. Ive been spoiler-free with these guys, so that also seems to work. There are some flaws and characters I prefer not to see, but uh I will give her an A-

B&B

I watch every so often and this seems to be one of the few shows that appears to be the same as it was when I was little. Really. However, Bell seems rather fickle with characters and storylines and the directions he wants them to go in. I will give him a C.

Y&R

I don't recognize the show, for real. I won't be a broken record, so I will just give her a C-, and thats only because of the veteran actors.

• Members

GL- DK has ruined this show big time. The core families are all decimated, no one has any friends, storylines are disjointed and have no ooomph.

Ashley/Coop- the problem with this story for me is JD exudes no hetro tendencies at all. So watching this is horrible. They have moved him from relationship to relationship with a new girl and it hasn't worked IMO.

Reva/JON- I wish they would just cut their losses with Jeffery. The character has never worked and will never work. He's slept with every woman in his age bracket. And what's even more sick is now Reva and Marah can swap stories about sleeping with him....ewwwwwwww!!!!!

Josh/Cassie/Edmund- Edmund is the only person I care about in this story and if anybody else was playing Cassie I would care about her too, but it's too soon to see where DK is going with this story.

Alan/Beth/Rick- Stupid Stupid Stupid!!!!

Rafe/Daisy- I can't stand the guy who plays Rafe. He can't act and looks too old to be Natalia's son. This story is a bust. They had better potential with Gillepsie and Daisy.

Natalia/Gus/Harley- has potential to be a great triangle, but they are screwing things up.

Cyrus/Marina- I like this pairing, but it needs something to spice it up.

With all this I give DK a D+

ATWT- JP only has me with Nuke and that's it. C-

Soaps I don't watch regularly-

OLTL- RC is getting the show back on track. I want him to do something with Miles though. That man is so sexy!!!!

B+

AMC- Ritchie and Nubabe, Jonathan and Greenlee are the only characters that really do anything for me. The writing sucks major balls. F

GH- This show deserves to tank. Nothing is interesting with the exception of the LuLu triangle. D-

Y&R- the show really doesn't hold my interest unless Kevin is on. The writing isn't good, but it isn't AMC bad. C-

B&B- can't bring myself to watch the show. It's never caught my interest at all and a lot of it has to do with it's two leading actors Ron Moss and Katherine Kelly Lang. They are the worst actors ever with Days' DH taking 3rd. So I really can't grade this show.

Days- I've said it before and I'll say it again. This show is done. None of the characters are interesting any more, the storylines suck, & with Dena Higley coming u might as well throw in the towel. A few of the actors are a saving grace, but that isn't enough to save the show. D+

• Members

Ron Carlivati - A+. He's turned the show into daily must see tv, created the best umbrella storyline in years with the Texas adventure, given veteran characters great stories, refreshed tired characters like Antonio and Christian, and set the stage for the future with great new characters like Jared, Gigi and Charlie.

Archived