All: Grade the curent writers!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I was just thinking the same thing.

For the shows I watch these days:

DAYS. It's picking up, so Hogan gets a B.

B&B. Hmm, difficult one. I like the show and the pace is as always good. C+(+)

ATWT. I think I'm about the only one NOT enjoying the Noah/Luke story. I just dont find it interesting and I've always found Luke to be kind of annoying. Instead I'm enjoying stories like the one with Carly. I want to watch the next episode and that has to be a postive thing. I give the writers a C+.

• Members

Yes they do get some very good scenes, and some very good individual episodes. However the overall stories suck though. Reva had cancer, and KZ was amazing during the sl, but overall the story sucked because it was used to basically break up Josh and Reva. CC was phenomenal when it was revealed that her character was apaprently raped years ago, however the overall story sucked bc DK didn't want to tarnish Jeffrey O'Neil's character. The only thing in which this wouldn't apply to would be GT's current story which the last time I watched, I was enjoying, despite the whole Matt/Dinah mess. I'm not questioning the actors capabilities when I give the show an F, but the writers. Sure DK gives the cast some very good material, but the overall story he writes for the characters are at times purely plot and contrived.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The Young And The Restless

Lynn Marie Latham & Scott Hamner

GRADE: B -

Valerie Ahern & Christian McLaughlin

GRADE: B

James Stanley

Darin Goldberg & Shelley Meals

Lynsey DuFour

Michael Montgomery

Eric Freiwald & Linda Schreiber

Vincent Lechowick

GRADE: C

Marina Alburger

GRADE: C+

Bernard Lechowick

As The World Turns

Jean Passanante, Leah Laiman & Christopher Whitesell

GRADE: D+

Richard Culliton

Peter Brash

Susan Dansby

General Hospital

Robert Guza Jr.

Elizabeth Korte

Tracey Thomson

GRADE: B+

Michele Val Jean

GRADE: A -

Mary Sue Price

GRADE: A -

Susan Wald

GRADE: B+

Karen Harris

GRADE: B+ (Most improved daytime script writer)

One Life To Live

Ron Carlivati

Elizabeth Page

Aida Croal

Mark Christopher

Carolyn Culliton

Michelle Poteet Lisanti

Frances Myers

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The Bold And The Beautiful

Bradley Bell

GRADE: D

Michael Minnis

Kay Alden

Elizabeth Snyder

Tracey Ann Kelly

Rex M. Best

Janice Ferri Esser

Jerry Birn

Patrick Mulcahey

Lee Phillip Bell

All My Children

Barbara Esensten & James Harmon Brown

Stephen Demorest

Chip Hayes

Michelle Patrick

Addie Walsh

Jeff Beldner

GRADE: C -

Marla Kanelos

Amanda L. Beall

Rebecca Taylor

Karen Lewis

Courtney Bugler

Joanna Cohen

Kate Hall

• Members

AMC: D, B&E have started up where that hack McTavish left off. What a dump!

ATWT: C, Meh. I don't really watch the show, but so many wonderful vets have been backburned.

B&B: A+, I am loving this show once again! Brad Bell + Kay Alden = Magic

DAYS: C-, Hogan is terrible...but John Black's death was fantastic. Best soap death ever.

GH: F, Guza, Frons, JFP = Disaster....I just hate GH now and I used to love it.

GL: C+, Kriezman has given it a shot...

OLTL: B-, Carlivati is a bit all over the place and he hasn't given Slezak or Strasser a fabulous story yet...but we'll see.

Y&R: F, Lynn Marie Latham and her band of hacks have taken a plot driven wrecking ball to what was once the gold standard of daytime. I hate this woman and she's making me hate my favorite show! Please CBS, SONY whatever...please fire her! Please! I'm begging you!

• Members

Days gets a B- from me.

When the vets are featured (a la John's death) and true drama is created, it reminds me of the good days. But then the following week, we are bombarded with the utter crap that is Stephanie and company, so that drops the grade significantly.

• Members

ATWT : A- / The only show that has the cojones to give us a gay love story full of respect and dignity, Maura West as Carly is doing an emmy award job,

GL : F / the show is a mess, s/l dropped and disjointed

AMC : D /it is all about the babies, it's the babies stupid!

GH: D /mob 24/7

OLTL: B - /Viki moving to paris, texas is a lot of fresh air ( A for that s/l)! Llanview is as boring as ever though (D for the rest)

BB: B / has improved a lot in the past couple of weeks

• Members

The only two I watch are Y&R and GL. I think despite everything, Y&R is still the best soap on daytime. I don't always agree with everything, but I'd give it a B.

GL on the other hand... this show is my heart and soul... it tears me up to see it in the state it's in now. I can only hope if there is a strike, that GL will bring in fans to write the material or let the actors (who know their characters) make up their own dialogue. After reading previews for the Thanksgiving episode, I wrote GL a very stern e-mail. :angry: I know it won't make a difference, but it made me feel better. :) DK has ruined every character whose last name isn't Cooper. In my opinion, the show gets a D, with the Coop/Ashlee coupling and the friendship between Billy/Lizzie being the only thing right now saving it from an F.

• Members

Technically Phoenix11, DK has ruined every character including the Coopers (some achievement for DK, while other writers have ignored vets, DK takes it upon himself to ruin both vets and fairly new ones). Buzz, Frank, and Harley have all made mistakes in their lives and yet DK destroys them by writing them as holier thou. I concur that Billy/Lizzie are the only thing worth watching for me.

Congrats to DK for ruining every single character on the canvas...that's something that not even Lloyd Gold or Ellen Weston has done.

• Members

IA, MichaelGL.

And I mentioned this in another thread, but thought it would be more appropriate here.

What's the deal with Donna Swajeski? She's co-HW on GL, and I have heard people say great things about her work on AW, so what's happening with her on GL? Anyone have any thoughts on her?

Archived