OLTL: Todd v.s Marcie

• Members

Does anyone have any opinions on what will happy with TJ.

I'm thinking that the McBains will get custody at first. Then around November sweeps its going to come out the Rex faked the death certificated and that Michael knew the entire time. Then because he perjured himself on stand, they will loose TJ and Todd will get custody. IMO

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm going to say Todd get custody... because to me, Marcie and Michael getting custody (or even shared custody or primary custody) would be a surprise. Plus, it seems like the "sympathy" will turn for Todd, if or when Marcie does something crazy... like kidnap Tommy/TJ. If it happens, I hope they do Marcie some justice with a storyline about the aftermath of losing everything... her son, her job, her confidence/faith, her husband. She has way more to lose than Todd, and she didn't really have anything to do with all that happened (unlike Spencer vs Todd vs McBain, and Michael lying about not knowing Tommy is TJ).

You and me both... I don't understand why Todd should get Tommy either, just because he almost died looking for him (when he tried to kill Mags when she was pregnant with his son).

Marcie is not a thieve... she legally adopted a child and loved him. For her to willingly give up the child, just because she got screwed over by Spencer, John, Rex, and Michael is ridiculous.

• Members

Its personal. Ive always hated the MotorMouth. The only time I liked her was when she was with Al. She's been annoying every other time. And Todd wants to be a father to his child. He's fought and searched for over a year and went through hell. He does care about him. Im not saying he's better than Marcie, bc all one has to do is look at his history. But I dont like Marcie's camp and how smug, dirty and self righteous they are. That annoys me to no end

I never said Marcie was a thief but those behind her, mainly Adriana, John, Michael and Rex are. What they did is no different than what Babe, Krystal and David did on AMC. They should not get a free pass and the show is portraying them as if they did this big noble act when they all commited a crime. Marcie is the only innocent one on her side but I cant muster up any symapthy for her bc I simply do not like her

• Members

Sorry I misunderstood you then... as far as them being wrong, I agree (but them getting a free pass, I'm not surprised... if Todd and other Llanview citizens can get one, they will too). They were wrong, Rex (though I like him) more than anyone. I never understood why Adriana was ever involved (it's not like she was BFF with Marcie and Michael), and one would think Michael would have been the one to break it to Marcie... instead of living a lie letting her think that everything was okay.

• Members

Marcie and Michael's adoption was not "legal", it was done in "good faith" on their part.

Tommy was stolen from his crazy mother and kept from his father. TJ was never given up for adoption, so the receiving party can not claim a legal adoption. They can say they acted in good faith and thought that the adoption was legal, but "good faith" v.s. legality are two different things.

• Members

I agree with you about the adoption not being legal. That also means that Tommy's first adoption was not legal (this was the couple who died in the tornado). Marcie and Michael have given Tommy nothing but love, warmth, comfort, attention, and TLC. They have taken care of him as if he were their own son. And as the saying goes, passing on your DNA does not make you a parent. Being a parent is much, much more.

That being said, I realize that Todd went through a lot looking for his son. I agree that shouldn't have had to suffer as much as he did. However, he is certainly not father of the year material. Todd has done a lot of evil things over the years. He has killed people, he preended to have DID, he tried to harvest his neice's heart, he told Blair that Jack was dead because he didn't think the baby was his, and that's just for starters. Plus the way he refers to Tommy as one would a material possession is just plain creepy. I cringe everytime I hear him say "See that? It's mine."

I was so proud of Marcie the other day for telling off Starr. It's about damn time someone put the little twit in her place. I realize that Starr loves her father, but she tends to gloss over her father's history. I was rooting for Britney in those scenes. She has the guts Starr used to have before she turned into this big weenie.

Archived