OLTL: Todd v.s Marcie

• Members

I don't know... I was a bit uncomfortable with it all, I think in part because it was at school and it was like Starr was hurting more than Marcie should be. And mainly, because I'm sure it will all be Marcie's fault when it gets to Todd and Blair... like Marcie doesn't have a reason to be upset.

I can't stand Blair and Starr saying one minute that they feel sorry for Marcie; and then next acting like she stole Tommy from under their thumb and that she was wrong for even loving and taking care of him. Then again, when it comes to Todd... I'm not surprised, because they both at like Todd walks on water and pretty much excuses anything he does after a while.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Marcie was out of line. Starr is still a child and Marcie is her teacher, an adult. She shouldnt have stooped to that level and just looked stupid to me. She was wrong and she was mean and that was completely unnecesary. She deserved to be suspended for that outbrust.

• Members

Well the conflict of interest by having the daughter of the man you are involved in a custody battle over your son should have been enough right there to have had Starr moved into another class. How it was able to get beyond that is beyond me, lol.

But I can understand both sides....Marcie is afraid of losing her son, and Starr was defending her father. Both were understandable.

Was it the wrong place to have the blow up? Absolutely. However, emotions are running high for both families. It may not excuse what she did, but it may help explain it.

Did anyone find it odd that Starr, Cole, Langston, Markko, and Britney appeared to be in the same English class that they were in last school year? And I'm referring to the class title, and not the room itself.

• Members

1) My point was that the adoption was not legal, and therefore can not be used as an arguement to justify Marcie and Michael keeping TJ.

2) In real life if Todd was a fit parent, and given TJ's age it would not matter how much love the McBains gave that little boy. They would loose the kid. DNA trumps, if the parents are fit.

a) In real life if a father had Todd's history, he (Todd) would not get custody.

3) The only reason that Todd did not kill Margret, was because of TJ. Let's remember that during this point, Margret not only threatened to kill Blair she wanted to kill Starr and Todd knew it. Even Spencer threatened to kill Marget if she did not leave Blair and her kids alone. Does this justify what Todd did? No. But it showed that despite everything he did want his son and his actions proved it from day one when he started to search for the baby. Not one person in Llanview was against him finding his son and getting custody. That includes, Bo, John, Rex , Marcie, Dorian ect... Now that they know that Tommy is TJ, they all changed their minds.

• Members

I agree completly with your points rem13! I was getting so frustrated at Michael & Marcie in all of this, but was happy when Marcie said that she really feels bad & sympathizes with Todd, but it's her son in her mind now. Michael & Marcie know what they are doing is wrong & that it is Todd's son, but it'll be hard to give Tommy up. The whole situation is not fair at all to either of side. Todd however is the biological father & has 2 children that love him, it's hard for judge to deny a father his child in that situation. Look at what he has been through: Margaret tried to kill Blair several times, Starr, Margaret raped Todd, tried to kill him...then she comes back & says she's pregnant?! He was angry, nervous about his family's reaction to this...then he was almost killed by lethal injection because of her and Spencer. He thought the baby was dead, was given 'proof' the baby was dead, still went searching from Chicago to Llanview for this baby, was drugged and kept from his family for months(or it seemed like it) He wanted his child. Marcie didn't do anything wrong, but you can tell she knows what's going to happen in the end & is just trying to delay the inevitable. I want Todd to get custody of his son because there is no reason in my mind that he shouldn't. Oh and it kinda annoyed me in the beginning how Todd only refers to his child as his son/his kid etc. But what should he call him: TJ(Margaret's name for him?) Tommy(Michael & Marcie's name for him?) He doesn't know what to refer to him as because he's still in shock that this child of his, that has been purposely kept from him for years by Rex & Michael, has been right there! And then I thought of Gilmore Girls and Lorelai always refers to Rory as, "my kid" and I love that! Sorry for the recap of OLTL history! This storyline has me loving OLTL right now! I can't wait for the court scenes this week.

• Members

The only reason Todd did not kill Margaret was because Kevin pulled him off her once. One of the other times, he hired Jackie M. to kill her and paid extra because she was pregnant. Jackie didn't go through with it but not because Todd called it off.

I agree with the switcheroo in attitudes but maybe all the people were expressing their sympathy with Todd finding his son because they imagined the child being with some abusive or uncaring parents especially since Spencer placed him. Now that they can see the child is thriving and happy and has bonded with his adopted family, they're reluctant to put him into the mess that is Todd's life.

Archived