New DAYS Sprumor -Drake/John

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow. Well, from the moment that this rumor started, I was all for it. But, now that it could really be a reality, I think it's a huge mistake. True, he's not the best actor in the world, but he has been with the show for 21 years. And Unlike Dee, Peter, Kristian, there were no exits in between. Considering how much he was featured during the 90s when DAYS had its highest ratings, I just think this just a dumb move. When you kill John off, you're killing off years of history. And I would hope if they "kill" him off, only to try to bring him back six months later, he says no. Enough of that; I think it's really cruel of the show when they do that stuff to the actors.

• Members

I have mixed feelings about this. While John is not a favorite of mine in recent years, he has been around a long time and is a huge part of the show. Personally, there's others I'd rather see leave, but if this is done right, John Black's death could be a big umbrella story with a huge emotional impact. IF IT'S DONE RIGHT. I'm afraid it wouldn't be handled with the respect this character deserves, with the emotion we would need from it. Think of it....his death would impact almost every single character and could be used to really shake things up, which would be good. However, Drake has a big fanbase and John's death could (and would) alienate some people and cause more viewers to leave, which would be detrimental. I don't know if it would be worth the gamble.

IF they do kill off John, it needs to be a real death with a real body and he needs to stay dead. We've had too many fake deaths and it's ruined the emotional impact this kind of story is supposed to deliver.

• Members

Days is rocking 24/7

Can someone tell me if Days is seen in every 100% Market?

I was told Guiding Light only seen in 85% Market?

I would love to see rating numbers for city of New York, Los Angeles, Dallas

and down south.........is their a link show rating for local city?

Yes I am bold

I am Young

May not be Restless

But I am Beautiful

My Days are Number

with my World out of control

I saw General

I was told life is everything

As I walk down the street

I saw a Light and it guided me!

• Administrator

What you talkin' 'bout, Willis? I know nothing. :unsure:

You won't get spoilers from me. I don't believe in them. They ruin the enjoyment of watching soaps. You're suppose to watch and be surprised, not knowing exactly what's going to happen. Spoilers are evil. ;)

• Members

Drakes on in the DAYS A HEAD episode...he and Marlena are sitting in the pub reading the letters with the rest of the wasted talents of Hope Bo Doug and Julie...John's big sceen is when he looks at Marlena and she does her eye thingy you know the one when the screen has Vasaline on it so they look really young and in love...yeah you know the one...thats there big sceen they dont say more than 2 lines and HOpe reads the letters and Julie just looks shocked and Doug doesnt say anything...maybe because he knows his days are numbered like the rest of the vets lol

Archived