B&B: Unbold & Ugly?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to disagree with those who think B&B id better these days. The character of Brooke is slowly being destroyed day by day due to the fact that the writers refuse to let her grow up and be stable. Bridget has become nothing more than a second rate player. Ridge and Ashley feel forced like most of Bell's couples. Nick is being wasted on the ever boring Taylor. Ticky isn't working, and this egg story is beyond ridiculous. Eric and Donna?? Disgusting. The whole Constantine singing story was bad, and I'm glad it's done. Phoebe and her Uncle Rick wasn't great either. IMO, until the show gets back to it's roots, fashion and romance, I see a slow decline. If you think about it, there's nothing or no couple worth rooting for. Then again, this is B&B, and the minute you get invested in a couple or story, Bell will take it away.

• Members

I usually also don't watch for couples but Brad sure has me won over with two pairings this year: Ridge & Ashley were on fire from day and I've grown to like Nick & Taylor a lot, although I really wasn't convinced at first.

As someone put it: except for that Sydney/Brooke-fiasco B&B has been top-notch all year and I've little criticism. I never liked Rick & Phoebe, not to mention Kyle UglyHair Lowder, but somehow I could always tolerate it. Well except for Lowder's stupid mannerisms. *cough*Fire him! *cough* ;)

• Members

Yeah, I like Ashley & Ridge too. Don't know why because I can't stand Ridge in general. But they work for me for some reason. Same goes for Nick & Taylor. It's so good to see him away from Brooke.

I disagree about Lowder though. :P I've always liked him on DAYS and now on B&B. And I think Kyle's hair is on approval stages right now. I admit it wasn't pretty when he first joined the show, but thankfully it's not that bad anymore. Apart from that I think he's a great actor and I hope to see him as Rick for atleast a few years more.

• Members

It was mentioned numerous times in the weekly threads, well, when there were still weekly threads. :lol:

I guess I can speak for Bellcurve as well: Ridge was dead to me. Dead as in no way in hell I will ever feel the slightest ounce of sympathy for that pig scumbag ever again. Then, Eileen Davidson showed up, Ronn Moss found his acting muscles again and I slowly warmed up to Ridge from the hellfreezer state.

He's still not one of my faves (oooh those shameful 90s memories when I was really invested in Brooke/Ridge/Taylor and rooting for the latter :D ) but he reached a place I never thought I'd see him at again. I don't hate Ridge anymore - thanks to Ashley.

I knew you were a Lowder fan so I tried to be as polite and secretive as possible. LOL! Can't stand Days-boy. Period. At least he isn't opera singing these days with Chloe eh Phoebe. :rolleyes: But I digress.

• Members

I don't think so. Ratings fell when all that was happening on the show for two weeks was Brooke going after Nick yet again. It REALLY destroyed the momentum that had been earned since Darla's Death, but, thank God, it quickly recovered. Ashley's arrival was very positively accepted.

• Members

I'm glad you did speak for me!

Ronn Moss has been, by far, the Outstanding Lead Actor of 2007 and alot of it(like SheilaForever said) was due to the Ashley pairing. Brad needs to keep these two TOGETHER! And to counter what someone else on the board said, I don't feel like Ridge and Ashley have been shoved down my throat. They had a really natural chemistry with each other from day one and it was only inevitable that they would be together. And I don't think their pairing was THAT rushed. I was just ready for a change, as I am sure many B&B fans were. And Ronn has really stepped up to the plate. Put him back with Brooke and I am sure he will be phoning it in again.

I haven't really tuned in awhile. I'm broke, I have no blank DVDs to record the show with, I'm too lazy to get the show via other means(which will not be mentioned on this board). But I saw the show on Friday for like the first time in a week and Brad is totally building that Bridge. Which, if it took a rape to do that, that was stupid.

I STILL don't have sympathy for Brooke, because she's still a scheming tramp. Days after being attacked sexually and physically by a man and she's already leaning on Ridge and telling herself and everyone else who will listen "Ashley had better watch out because Ridge and I have a history together." Why has she not seeked counseling? Did Andy's words about her exploting her sexuality hurt her at all? How is she reacting to being brutally raped?

I won't even blame the writing for Brooke this time...I've come to terms with the fact that this is really her personality. Clingy, needy, beggy whore. And always will be.

And seeing her raped won't change my opinion.

Oh, and PS? F-ing LOVE Heather Tom as Katie Logan. This show needs level-headed females.

• Members

I think Heather Tom has done wonders as probably has Kay Alden. The show has put the Logan sisters back in place restoring a great deal of balance to the show. It isn't the Brooke & Ridge show anymore THANK GOD. Brooke & Ridge now interact with other characters. Characters such as Thorne & Felicia and even Donna have their own purpose and talk about different things. Not just talking about a rehash of the Brooke & Ridge scenario repeatedly.

I thought the rape story was one of the few that was done in the past few years on soaps that wasn't tacky, tasteless, and very poorly done, but rather had some meaning. As horrible as rape is they just did the story right. That's my opinion.

I don't enjoy the show quite as much as Y&R which I still think is the best going on now but it's working a lot better than Days, the other show I watch regularly.

Now if they could only find a way to resurrect the REAL Sheila....

• Members

Your first couple of lines are opinion...we don't know if ABC/NBC refugees have had any impact whatsoever on Y&R ratings. If anything GL and ATWT are much more like the ABC soaps than Y&R.

B&B has improved ever since the Brooke and Ridge custody case started so hopefully their ratings improve.

BTW I hate Ashley and Ridge together. Ashley was one of my faves on Y&R and to see her lower her standards to someone like Ridge is discusting. He's worse for than Brad or Victor and I hated them with her. Ashley needs a good man in her life..not someone who will always go back to their true love like Victor used to run back to Nikki. Ridge will always love Brooke and IMO Brooke could do so much better than him as well.

• Members

I'm sorry but I just can't stand Ridge and I don't want him with Ashley. But I think you could be right especially since it looks like Brooke and Nick will get together once they find out the baby is hers (which I think will end up being hers). But they could end up with a Taylor/Ridge/Ashley triangle.

Archived