B&B: Unbold & Ugly?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CBS would love to meddle in B&B but the hard truth is that they don't have any say because Brad Bell doesn't let them. Brad, like his dad, doesn't like network interference and so when Barbara Bloom calls she gets hung up on. Period.

Kay Alden quit Y&R because she HATES what LML has done to Y&R and didn't agree with her at all. Period.

Janice Ferri Esser quit Y&R because she doesn't like LML's vision and doesn't like working with her. So when Brad Bell made her an offer she didn't refuse. Period.

And Brad Bell is younger than either of them and he will never give up creative or financial control for as long as he is able. Kay Alden and Janice Ferri Esser are not power hungry cows...they are simply great writers who like working in a positive environment like the one Brad Bell has at B&B. Whether RuAsRuAnAu believes it or not Brad Bell is a well liked person by those who work for him and is a very decent person. Period.

• Members

What B&B needs to do is expand to 1 hour. I don't see this happening so to do something about this they need to stay consistent with the characters. IMO Bold has a history of bringing on a bunch of new characters and then getting rid of them. They need to keep them on and weave them into the show. The show is about fashion well bring in a new family run fashion house. It will be corporate battles and love in the afternoon. With Susan in bad health they need to find a new matriarch of the show maybe Taylor or Brooke of their respective branches of the Forrester family. They need to also branch away from the fashion and bring in real storylines for Bridget she is doctor(?) why dont they have her at a hospital. I think bringing on Jake McClain is a great move for the Felicia character but for how long will that last. The show takes place in LA there is no reason why the same characters are hooking up with each other. All in all B&B needs to revamp the show or they will not survive

• Members

A very good post, mackey. This is what I've been saying for some time now, and yet it falls on deaf ears. Sadly, Ryan's Hope, Santa Barbara & Another World did not get a chance to re-invent themselves like GH did in 1977.

I'd like to read more of your B&B ideas on how to revamp the show. Please send me a message via SON.

Archived