The Should-Be Pre-Nominations: 2008 Daytime Emmy Award

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He has been on a steady amount, IMO. Is he lead over bryan, brandon, jay... nope.

however we all know the daytime emmy system is an entirley screwed up system. i eman if GF can win a supp emmy for a month long role, than why not PR get nom for a year long role, even tho he wasnt the leading man?

plys PR is great, IMO. he is never over the top (hello SN!) or campy (hello TP & JM)

• Members

I think DOOL's best chances at scoring acting nominations are with Scott & Sweeney. Under this new system, the others do not stand a chance. It might even score a directing nod if a non-traditional DOOL directs the submitted episode (Foster, Maxam, someone new to the team)

Why is there a tremendous bias against DOOL and who is to blame? Past/current writers, directors, producers, actors, network executives?

• Members

Well, for Drama Series, it's virtually impossible for Days to be nominated since it's the only NBC soap. CBS and ABC soaps can get up to 16 votes, but Days can only get 4, but that was when Passions was on NBC.

NBC typically gets a token nomination and it usually goes to Passions, however that could change next year. Though, I seriously doubt it, mainly because of Emmy politics, Days will never become an Emmy darling anytime soon.

• Members

Yeah, DAYS is basically screwed when it comes to the Emmys.

My hopeful Pre Noms

Catherine Hickland - Best Supporting Actress (as Erika Slezak has proved it only takes a couple of tapes and Hickland has more than a couple of good ones)

Jess Walton - Best Supporting Actress (I don't think she'll get nominated, she hasn't since the 'new' system came in, but I loved her 'Well Get Some Answers' blow up at Katherine in January, plus some Ji Min stuff, Jess has the tapes)

B&B for both Show and Writing Team (Kay Alden and Janice Ferri Esser have brought such life to the show, they deserve a nomination...and a win)

Aside from these few noms I don't really care because the Emmys are just a big popularity contest.

• Members

My predictions: I watch all 9 soaps and this year, I predicted 3 out of 3 for the female Categories

For 2008:

For Lead Actress

Maura Weset (Carly, atwt) <Front Runner

Martha Byrne (Lily, atwt)

Susan Flannery (Stephanie, b&B)

Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke, b&B)

Michelle Stafford (Phylis, y&r)

CBS ladies would dominate again in 08..Sorry ABC fans

Supporting Actress

Kelly Michelle Hensely (Emily, atwt) <Front Runner

Cady McClain (Rosanna, atwt)

Catherine Hickland (Lindsey, oltl)

Kathy Brier (Marcy, oltl)

Judith Chapman (Gloria, y&r)

Kelly got screwed this year and honestly, she deserved it but so far. She's been on FIRE!!

Younger Actress

Jennifer Landon (Gwen, atwt)<Front Runner

Caitlin Van Zandt (Ashley, gl)

Kirsten Storms (Maxie, gh)

Leven Rambin (Lily/Ava, amc)

Julie Bergman (Lulu, gh)-

I see Jennifer or Caitlin taking it but dont be surprised if leven takes home the statue..

• Members

Spporting Actress- I think Becky Herbst did an amazing a job in the Elevator scenes with Steve Burton. And Jake's kidnapping, especially when the wrong child was brought into the PCPD. And when she was on the stand at Jason's trial, not overdone. And the ILY'S on the bridge.

I have heard good thing sabout Katherine Hickland- though I don't watch OLTL. And Kathy Brier.

Supporting Actor- I like Ric Hearst- He's just amazing, his scenes with Elizabeth when they confronted each other. And Ric with Sonny,Trevor and Kate.

• Members

Melissa turned 26 in September so my understanding is she would have to submit something before September when she was 25.

Marcy Rylan will be 27 in November meaning last year was her last year of eligibility in Younger Actress so she has to be Supporting.

• Members

It seems so early to make predictions but I'll do one for DAYS though it doesn't really matter:

Lead Actress: Deidre Hall (Marlena) and Alison Sweeney (Sami)

Lead Actor: James Scott (EJ) and Peter Reckell (Bo)

Supporting Actress: Kristian Alfonso (Hope) and Mary Beth Evans (Kayla)

Supporting Actor: Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) and Joseph Mascolo (Stefano)

Younger Actress: Rachel Melvin (Chelsea) and Shelley Hennig (Stephanie)

Younger Actor: Darin Brooks (Max) and Blake Berris (Nick)

• Members

Series:

Y&R

B&B

OLTL

GL

Best Actor:

Eric Braeden

Peter Bergman

Michael Park

David Canary

Best Actress: