The Should-Be Pre-Nominations: 2008 Daytime Emmy Award

• Members

Wait, what??? How do you not see Bobbie Eakes (Krystal, AMC) as a Lead Actress nominee?

She was on FIRE during Babe's 'death' - and then the breakup with Adam - and then while Jenny was kidnapped by Janet. She was Lead in all those storylines...we saw her world fall apart. The episode where she held a gun on Adam is totally her Emmy-reel, along with breaking down at Babe's funeral. That woman deserves the Emmy this year!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't agree. I am fine with everything the way it is. I actually think the Younger Category should be expanded to the age of 30. But that's JMO. I don't feel that we need episode number limitations.

I disagree. I think Cam was awesome when he found Spike after the car accident. Cam has already notched up two supporting actor nominations. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a third. Bobbie Eakes is definetely lead actress material. I see no other lead actress that has had emmy material on AMC this year. Lucci IMO hasn't done much of anything this year....

I agree on David Canary. I think Alicia would be lucky to get a nomination at this point of her career. She's like the Laura Wright of AMC.

Alexa was on fire for the first half of this year. Anything from January to late May/June could suffice in a nomination for Supporting Actress.

ITA

• Members

GH has a lot of supporting thespians to choose from, including Tyler Christopher, John Ingle, Nancy Lee Grahn, Anthony Geary, just to name a few. Talk about competition. I wish the nomination process allowed for an unlimited amount of thespians to be nominated in the acting categories. Remember when ATWT had 3 supporting actors & 3 supporting actresses earlier this decasde (2002?). If they good, show appreciation. If a certain show has the 5 best actors in a certain category, then every one of them should be nominated.

Does anyone believe other shows deserve to be nominated?

People always complain when the nominations are announced every year in March. So, why don't they want stiffer & improved rules at the Daytime Emmys so it may regain its credibility?

• Members

AMC:

Lead Actress: Alicia Minshew, Bobbie Eakes.

Lead Actor: Micheal E. Kinght, David Canary

Supporting Actress: Susan Lucci (even though i would prefer her to be in Lead), Alexa Havins

Supporting Actor: Cam M, Thorstan Kaye

Younger Actress: Levin Rambin, Ambyr C.

Young Actor: Brent Webber

Drama Series:

1. B&B

2. GH

3. GL

4. Y&R

Writing Team:

1. B&B

2. GH

3. GL

4. OLTL

Directing:

1. AMC

2. B&B

3. GH

4. Y&R

• Members

I shouldn't have listed Lucci b/c she would never in a million years submit herself in anything other than Lead. To her, it's Lead or bust. Julia Barr was different. When she was supporting, she choose Supporting...and won. I feel Jess Walton will submit herself in the Supporting category b/c her is supporting & her chances of winning will be much greater. She'll have a hard time being pre-nominated in Lead. That race is b/w MTS, Cooper, Case, and Stafford.

• Members

OK, here is who I think should be nominated/pre-nominated and, in bold, who I'm hoping will win an Emmy for each category:

LEADING ACTOR:

Y&R:

Peter Bergman

Christian LeBlanc

(both I would be equally satisfied :D)

B&B:

Don't feel anyone deserves it from there.

LEADING ACTRESS: (Tough)

Y&R:

Michelle Stafford

Sharon Case

Melody Thomas Scott

B&B:

Katherine Kelly Lang (I mean, is she EVER getting the chance to do something like this again?)

OLTL:

Catherine Hickland

Kathy Brier (she plays Marcie, right?)

ATWT:

Maura West

SUPPORTING ACTOR:

Y&R:

Kristoff St. John (Drucilla's death)

B&B:

Winsor Harmon (Darla's death Anniversary/addiction)

DRAMA SERIES:

B&B

OLTL

• Members

My predictions

Series

Y&R

B&B

OLTL

GL

Best Actor

Peter Bergman

Michael Park

David Canary

Ron Raines

Christian LeBlanc

Best Actress

Katherine Kelly Lang

Susan Flannery

Kim Zimmer

Maura West

Bobbie Eakes

Michelle Stafford

Supporting Actor

Kristoff St. John

Greg Rikkart

Trent Dawson

Jordan Clarke

Tuc Watkins

Supporting Actress

Jess Walton

Gina Tognoni

Catherine Hickland

Kathy Brier

Kelly Menighan Hensley

Younger Actor

Jesse lee Sofer

Van Hansis

Josh Duhon

Eddie Alderson

Younger Actress

Jennifer Landon

Melissa Claire Egan

Leven Rambin

Julie Berman

Kirsten Storms

Writing

B&B

OLTL

GL

GH

Directing

GH

OLTL

Y&R

B&B

AMC

• Members

GH for writing & directing but not for Drama Series? I don't think Watkins stands a chance b/c he's hardly been on this year & the supporting categories are always competitive. Hickland is not a lock- her story just began in September, so I'll wait and see. How old is MC Egan? She may be too old for Younger Actress. AMC for directing? I think it'll be GH, ATWT, GL, Y&R & OLTL.

• Members

I agree with this entire post.

Alicia has been phenomenal this year. She has been amazing in years past as well but this she has been phenomenal. Thorsten has also been amazing this year also, but to me the stand out on AMC this year is Alicia, by far.

Sorry but Bobbie is just not lead material in my book. She just is not my cup of tea. JMO.

• Members

Younger Actress-

Kirsten Storms (GH)

Julie Berman (GH)

Rachel Melvin (Days)

actress who plays Lizzie on GL

Jennifer Landon (ATWT)

Lead Actor-

Michael Park (ATWT)

Peter Reckell (Days)

James Scott (Days)

Steve Burton (GH)