ATWT: Wednesday discussion

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So here's what bothers me... I really REALLY don't like the direction they're going with Winston. they have the ability to tell a redeeming long-term story where a man learns to love his son in spite of their difference of opinion regarding his sexuality... and possibly help raise peace and tolerance among viewers. PLUS, they have a talented actor who can play all the different layers of the emotional journey a homophobic father goes through when he finds out his son is gay. And instead they seem to be going the tate-on-one-life-to-live route, turning him into a cartoon soap-opera villain.

It's a cop-out, plain and simple.

• Members

WTF version of Rosanna is he talking about? THIS Rosanna came to town a bitter, vengeful bitch, intent on punishing Carly (after how many years?) for her misdeeds, stemming back to the Carly/Mike ONS. I'm surprised they brought up that nurse Craig paid off, that was a nice nod to history. Rosanna the "most honest woman" Craig's EVER KNOWN? GMAFB...what was Sierra, chopped liver? Or Betsy, or Iva? It sure wasn't honest of Ro to marry Craig to give him respectability in his custody fight with Jen....I guess that's beside the point, since Craig getting her to do something for him, is so much different than Paul using her to get what he wants. I was also surprised that the Em/Paul marriage was brought up, but not surprised Craig twisted it to make Paul look manipulative, when Paul only married Em to get information on Dusty's whereabouts, and it was her idea. I guess I'll forget that Craig was in jail at the time...I suppose the Intruder kept him up on all the gossip.

I don't get Jack's blow up at Carly either. Other than we needed to see Carly being very unCarly and running out during a fight with Jack. Carly's reaction to the doctor's news was heartbreaking. She wants to fight, but he's telling her it's useless. *sniff sniff*

*RME* over yet another Kack miscommunication re: the honeymoon. It's their relationship in a nutshell...Jack or Katie thinks they know what the other wants, but when it's not, the other "fibs" (because only big bad Carly lies) to politely cover up their feelings. (*snort* apparently, "where would your potential mate like to honeymoon" wasn't on that list of questions Kack "aced" at the shower...)

I get that Luke didn't set out to push Noah out of the closet, but IMO, Maddie's kind of right, that's exactly what ended up happening (at least partially) and Luke didn't have that right. I know Luke's touched a cord with people, but making him into someone who's integrity can never be questioned makes him boring. I can admire that Luke's emotionally honest (unlike say, Jack, who gives new meaning to emotionally removed when it comes to Carly) but jt's grating to listen to him spouting lines straight from a very earnest after-school special.

*snort* Continuity screwed up today...Katie said she and Jack were going to pick up Sage, yet Jack appeared all alone to confront Carly, then Katie and V were alone in the Snyder kitchen to yammer about the honeymoon.

I think it's was a mistake to make Winston a killer too. I like Daniel Hugh Kelly, but I think they should have used someone who'd have more availability.

• Members

PJ - no one was more surprised than me to hear Paul and Emily's marriage mentioned lol...and Rosanna's stunned look and Craig's "Did he forget to mention that?" was perfect. I better get some scenes with Emily and Rosanna and Craig and Paul when she gets back, considering she was such a big part of that whole mess.

And speaking of....Emily was the last person to actually have contact with Nurse Thompson - she even gave the nurse her card to contact her LOL!

I really only watched the Craig/Rosanna scenes so far. And yeah, Craig definitely has some selective memory himself, though I think he's mostly trying to prove a point and get Rosanna to see his side of things so yeah, basically what Paul is doing. The few Carly scenes I've watched so far have been heartbreaking.

• Members

I agree. I felt so sorry for Carly. Her story was great today! Not even Brad could spoil it for me. It's official I hate Jack and want him to suffer a painful death. What a jerk he was to Carly today. He can have Katie.....they deserve each other. Wait till he finds out Carly is dying. Bye bye fluffhead! Sage was so cute today. I loved her line....It's going to be big....LOL.

Great seeing Noah/Luke/Maddie today. I like that Lily is finally getting involved. Daniel Hugh Kelley is a great actor. I am on the fence about the direction of his storyline. But I can truly understand those who hate the direction it was taken. Btw..Noah was a big a$$ to Luke. If I were LUke I would have told Noah to go to hell too....LOL

Great script by Richard Culliton. Oops....forgot Craig and Rosanna....great stuff as well. It was so good not having Paul in the mix. Best show so far in a long time.

• Members

It was a fairly good episode.

The way they write Luke in scenes with Noah annoys to crap out of me. He, all of a sudden, becomes so condescending. Luke, I know you're busy screaming at Noah about how comfortable you are with yourself, but just let me remind you that you faked a relationship with your COUSIN just to prove to your parents that you were straight. So you should really cut Noah just a bit of slack. Also, the way Luke is slinging around the gay slang is just...strange. I had to laugh out loud a couple of weeks ago when he referred to Jade as his "beard." Don't even get me started on the constant closet metaphors, either.

That being said, Noah continues to sink to new levels of assholishness. But, when you put yourself in his shoes, how CAN you blame him? I can't help but want to help him, want to protect him, every time he gets upset with Luke. Because I can see it in him that he's not upset with Luke, he's just upset with himself for not being able to get over what is. Still, though, I am still in the dark about what exactly it was that attracted him to Luke. WHY does he have feelings for him? I mean, now, that they are having more and more scenes together, I can see him developing feelings NOW, but a month ago? Not so much. It would have been awesome if Luke had caught Noah with another guy, and that could have been the secret that hung over their heads. And then, as Luke continued to pressure Noah to come out (in the same fashion as he really is doing), then Noah would have fallen for Luke in the process. And that'd put as where we are now.

Archived