Y&R: Ok, that was just horrible

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I havent watched in over a month but took a peek earlier today on SoapNet. I will never do it again. :lol: Amber was talking to herself...or her twin....it was so lame that I switched the channel. Something about should I keep it or turn it in the money...ughhhhhh.....The show sucks!!

What was the cliffhanger? Poor JW..... <_<

• Members

>> Something about should I keep it or turn it in the money...

And as my own mother remarked, "It won't matter once the Feds trace the serial numbers on the money back to you."

>> What was the cliffhanger?

IIRC, Jill was trapped in the sauna, where she had been sweating out her grief over Ji Min's death, when the fire alarms went off at the hotel. Amber, who set off the alarms when she burned the money (which, I think, her double talked her into...which disturbs me, when I think about it), was fleeing with the rest of the evacuees when she heard Jill banging for help on the sauna door. Amber runs over, manages to open the door on the second or third try, then frantically blurts out that there's a fire and everybody's leaving. ("OMG! Big fire! Everybody scared! Run now!" Or, something like that.) Jill, soaking wet, and wearing nothing but her towel (and, of course, residual sorrow over losing THE love of her life, Ji Min), runs off, with Amber close behind her, thanking Amber for saving her life.

Now, I ask you, is that suspenseful? Does that make you want to tune in on Monday and find out "what happens next"?

The least LML could've done was have Amber pause for a moment upon seeing Jill trapped in the sauna ("Hmmm, should I help her...or is the old hag getting what's truly coming to her?") and then, fade to black; or struggle to open the door, scream frantically for help, and then, fade to black; or, once Jill thanked her for saving her, have Amber get a tentative look on her face, as if to suggest, she's going to use this (saving Jill's life) to her advantage....

And then, fade to black.

Alas, all we got was Y&R's half-a$$ed salute to Benny Hill.

Heck, Amber started the fire, but if you hadn't seen her do it beforehand, you wouldn't have known it. No subtext to that final scene between Jill and Amber whatsoever.

Meanwhile, Victor and his kids caught his tramp bitch of a wife, Nikki, leaving the joint, w/ Lujack Nick McHenry David Hayward David Chow clinging to her like static to a cardigan sweater. (Apparently, post-coital bliss isn't flame retardant.)

• Members

>> I know she found the original money that JiMin stole, and Gloria was going to give her money, but none of it makes sense to me.

My best explanation:

Amber wanted the money, but "Mirror Amber" somehow convinced her (and rightly so, I guess) that she couldn't hold onto it, lest she wanted the authorities to trace it back to her, and in turn, tie her to Ji Min's and Plum's deaths. Amber and Mirror Amber -- who I actually like more than Amber, corny "You go, girl!" dialogue and all -- believed they were in a pickle; that is, until Gloria reluctantly relented on her earlier stance, and agreed to give her the money (to pay for her defense at the upcoming trial). Therefore, considering all their problems solved, the two Ambers decided to get rid of the stolen money -- because, with Gloria agreeing to give them the money, it's not as if Amber and Mirror Amber need the other cash...right?

Of course, this whole, assinine plot of theirs will backfire the moment the two hit a snag in getting Glo's cash; but, leave it to Amber* not to think too far ahead.

*I'm blaming the pending f**k-up on Amber, not Mirror Amber. Amber's a dolt, but Mirror Amber's my boo.

• Members

Well, reading about this doesn't make we want to tune into Y and R. If anything, it makes me want to avoid it like the plague. I loved the character Amber on B and B - but at the point I watched Bell had the wisdom NOT to make the plots all about her. This just sounds like the same type of shameless contrivance and propping OLTL used to center the show on John McBain. Maybe they should just change the title to the Bleached Blonde and Buxom.

I hope it falls from number 1 soon, but there is no indication it will.

• Members

I'm glad you and MichaelGL find my remarks amusing, AMC Zendall Fan. For all the Nikki Newman fans out there, though, I mean no disrespect. I just find it impossible to sympathize with the dear, who believes she was perfectly justified in throwing her marriage vows out the proverbial window, by sleeping with David.

So what if you feel Victor never appreciates you, and wants you to remain docile and submissive, with no opinions or aspirations of your own? Number one, Nora Helmer, your FIRST marriage to the man should've taught you that lesson; and number two, if you truly believe Victor will never allow you to become an equal partner in your own marriage, at least have the decency to wait until after you've filed divorce papers before traipsing off to the hotel room with the first aging gigolo that comes along.

But, then again, what do you expect from a former stripper?

Archived