September 3-7, 2007

Toups

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmmm Zach and Kendall and Kendall's "lucky shoes" and zex, and it's the highest rated day of the week? Speaks volumes to me :D LMAO looks like not many people were interested in Ryan abusing Kendall on Thursday, nor Zach and Annie.

Nothing signifcant Friday, but Zach and Kendall were advertised, I doubt Annie's past made the ratings spike that much, sorry

• Members

The CBS soaps didn't air on Friday: that would account for the other soaps rating better that day.

Well done B&B: now the singing crap is over and Costipation has disappeared, the show has picked up again.

DAYS: the show is stuffed! It's stuck on 2.0 and not budging. Santeen is a dud, TTS is a joke, and Sheffer is as bad as Reilly.

Ed Scott has a lot of work to do! :rolleyes:

• Members

Zendall fan, as multiple posters have pointed out, the CBS soaps didn't air on Friday. That would account for the boost in ratings. I don't think it really matters what happened on those soaps that day. The real test will be the ratings for next week to see if any of the storylines captured any of the CBS audience. If the ratings go back down, then Zendall failed along with JR/Amanda, and Ryannie.

And the last time I checked there was more than one couple on AMC and more than two actors on the show. :lol: I find it interesting and amusing how fanbases twist things to fit their agenda. Kind of sad, really. :D

• Members

Something else that's sad is posters who admittedly don't even watch AMC coming on here to spread their "gospel"--multiple times in this thread alone, no less.

What AMC Zendall Fan and others have said is that for one of the first times EVER, Zendall making love was featured in the previews for Friday's show. Regardless of whether CBS aired their shows or not, AMC had a significant jump in the ratings on Friday. Bigger than Days, GH, etc.---so at least some of that jump MAY be attributable to the promotion Zendall received. And yes, they have been heavily featured the last few months--months of angst, doom, gloom, near death for both of their children, etc. No wonder the ratings have been low. It's angst overload. Maybe, just maybe, people tuned in to see some happiness for once on this show. Food for thought, anyway....

• Members

FYI, lovezendall, I do check in and watch AMC quite often. I just don't comment on the storylines or the show very much anymore.

And why can't my opinion be "gospel?" Just because I don't worship at the altar of Zendall???? :lol: I respect fans who like certain actors and couples but when they start to place an entire shows success or failure on that person/fanbase, I don't think that it fair for the soap genre. I think some fans forget that not everyone likes the same couples or the same actors. There may be lots fans that even hate them but are afraid of backlash. And their opinion is just as valid as those that love them. People watch soaps for different reasons. I think things are more complicated in the soap world than just one couple. Ratings could have gone up because of Zendall but they also could have gone up because of the other storylines going on or the fact that CBS didn't have any other soaps on. I am not a mind reader so I don't know why these people tuned.

As I said in my previous posts, the real test will be the ratings for this week. If it was just CBS viewers, we might see a decline. Or if viewers liked what they saw on Friday, then maybe the ratings will stay the same or improve. Time will tell.

A fan can go on a web and post all the love for their pairing that they want to, but don't be upset when not everyone agrees with that opinion.

• Members

ATWT went up in HH and in all the Demos ! Not only that, it tied with OLTL on Thrusday.the biggest gainer of the list with +2 ...It's not only the great gay love story of Luke and Noah that is attracting viewers, it is the Carly-Katie-Jack triangle which keeps getting better....

• Members

GH can sink for all I care after 32 years of viewing.

Sweeney needs to step up to plate and fire someones a$$. If she doesn't have the ball's :rolleyes: Iger needs to do it. I've had it with his (Frons) micromanagement and interference in certain story lines. It's a bunch of bull, and I'm glad to see my fellow soap watchers turning this sh!t of a media off.

• Members

Does anyone think it's possible for OLTL (even briefly) to become ABC's #1 show? They have been nipping at GH's heels for a few weeks now. OLTL seems to have some storyline momentum right now and some real good buzz in the press and on the fan forums.

The ratings in the latest issues of SOW and SOD show OLTL tied for #3 with GH. This is a pleasant suprise as everyone knows that OLTL is ABCD's last priority in terms of promotion. It is my perception that OLTL has always been in the position of creating it's own buzz and publicity. For OLTL to be doing so well right now is a real coup for them.

Archived