September 3-7, 2007

Toups

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That is really sad for Passions. I guess fans didn't just want to come back. They missed a good finale. Their loss.

Not much movement with the soaps. That 2.1 for Days on Friday is a good sign. The TTS story began to climax and that had the Stefano stuff. Hopefully, Days can ride that momentum. Usually they do good the week after they have a good Friday rating.

• Members

As I've said the last few times....DAYS deserves the ratings it's getting. I'd much rather them take a hit now to finish this god awful Touch the Skye storyline, then drag it out for another couple of months. Hopefully when it's over we can get back to the quality storylines that don't drive viewers away.

<_<

• Members

I just noticed some odd swings. Most soaps stayed within a range for most of the week - but both OLTL and AMC had a wild swing. AMC went up to 2.5 on Friday, and OLTL went from its low, 2.2 back to a 2.5 on Friday. I can't remember anything special going on either show that would account for that type of spike/decline.

• Members

Friday's ratings for the ABC soaps (all at 2.5) aren't strange to me, since CBS didn't air any soaps. It's Tues-Thurs that's interesting. OLTL and GH actually tied on Tues and Wed, but OLTL dropped back on Thursday for some reason. If not for Thursday, OLTL and GH would've tied for the week. (And aside from Friday, when CBS didn't air its shows, AMC was under OLTL and GH all week).

• Members

I forgot that CBS didn't air any soaps on Friday. Didn't they air tennis....or was it golf? I can't remember that far back!! That explains why the ABC soaps and Days went up. Normally, Friday is the worst day for soaps. Doubt that they will be able to retain the audience that they gained for one day.

I am really glad B&B is doing well. I am starting to really like that soap. I love to hate Stefanie! Days has lost me with all the Colleen/Santo stuff. Plus I don't really like Jeremy and the storyline surrounding the young crowd right now. Overall, I am just really bored with Days and haven't watched it for several weeks so it isn't surprising that they aren't doing well.

• Members

OLTL is getting somewhat better, and has momentum with the upcoming murder/ custody trials (REALLY bad time to only have a DA and no contract lawyer characters.) - and could well tie with GH in the next few weeks, as long as it stops dropping to 2.2.

• Members

Poor NBC, everything is just a mess there, Passions really did deserve some type of bump in its last week though. I think the real test comes next week when we see how well Days does with all the time slot changes and without Passions as a companion soap.

Interesting that most soaps had their best ratings on Friday...

Though, the NBC and ABC soaps probably only went up because CBS didn't air soaps on Friday...

I guess it's good that most soaps stayed stagnant, but that really isn't something to be proud of either.

Archived