ATWT: Wednesday Sept 5

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was bored. You know it's bad when you start counting how many times the word "pepperkocker" can be stumbled over without requiring the scene be reshot.

The Craig/Paul confrontation was mildly interesting, the rest.....zzzzzzzzz.

If Cheri's death was supposed to trigger a decent story, it would have been nice to see her fleshed out more before her demise. Spare me Lily The Undercover Hooker.

I still don't understand how Gwen can't carry her OWN child, but COULD carry a WAli (Will/Ali) bambino.

Interesting that Craig's been up secretly "merging" aka "stealing" Rosanna's money in spite of their divorce, with no one the wiser. But it's hardly the first time he's dipped his hand into someone else's cookie jar.

• Members

"I still don't understand how Gwen can't carry her OWN child, but COULD carry a WAli (Will/Ali) bambino."

This makes no since and is not true to the storyline history. Initially is was implied that Gwen had hyothamic-pituitary damage from a head injury. This would prevent ovulation due to hypogonadotripic hypogonadism. Normally such a person would be given FSH/LH analogs to induce ovulation. They specifically stated she could not do this due to some history of a blood clot (maybe DVT or something). Now they are suggesting something entirely different.

• Members

One word for today's show "Boring". I am tired of Meg/Craig/Paul. Could Paul have stayed dead? And Rosanna returned alone? Seriously Roger Howarth sucks the life out of Paul. And Marie Wilson has made Meg dull and boring. I so loved her at the beginning. Gweenie was pure ff material except for the Susan scenes. I dont care about Will and Gwen. They have been on WAY TOO MUCH! The ending with Lily and Dusty was the only interesting part. Duh......................can anyone say Noah? :P:rolleyes:

Aaron/Allison...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....ff it!! I just am not feeling NuAllison with Aaron. Tomorrow's show looks much better.

• Members

I did have one problem with today's show and that was Will and Paul's scenes, What the Hell was that, everything they talked about was Gwen, talk about wrong time wrong scenes. I hate how so many characters are now just being used to prop Gwen. makes me sick. Why can't Will have anything to do outside of Gwen? Gwen gets to do lots of things and have talks with lots of people that don't involve Will, but will is just a totally isolated character that is nothing without Gwen. :angry: And now what we only get to see Susan when Gwen is involved, another prop to Gwen, Alison another prop to Gwen, Iris a prop to Gwen, Sofie and prop to Gwen, Cole a prop to Gwen, Paul just a prop to Gwen and that is just the last two weeks.

And another thing Jen Landon needs to start portraying Gwen again, I am sick of seeing Cleo everytime she is on, I swear ever since Cleo has left it seems like she is making Gwen like Cleo, and I don't like it. I love Jen, but come on I don't want to see Cleo everytime I see you.

• Members

This is something I've been complaining about! We have a wonderful, talented young actor in Jesse Soffer and all he does is support Jen Landon. I think he needs to be used with somebody else. Gwen soaks up everybody!!

I also agree with you about Gwen and Cleo. I swear she does the mouth like she did with Cleo and uses the same voice she used with Cleo!!! She even carries her body some of the time just like she did with Cleo. Unnerving!!!!!!

But, I have to say that I saw Rose today and was glad of it. Wish Lily acted more like Rose and wouldn't let Holden belittle her like he does. He is abusive, same as some of the other Snyders are!!!!

Bettybee

• Members

This is what I want to see in Gwen:

More fire...More backbone.... I beyond sick of this mopey, whiney wife she is playing.

When Gwen first came on the scene, she was slicing and dicing folks left and right with that smart mouth of hers; not taking anyone's crap; not caring about what anyone thought of her or said about her.

If the old Gwen were interacting with Carly, she would have told Carly to drop Jack like the bad habit he was, and not look back; all the while possibly snapping Jack up like shark bait.

The old Gwen, knowing that she was in the past semi friends with Alison, would have not gave a crap about what Alison did in her past, considering Gwen's had a far worse life than Alison's had.

The majority of these women in Oakdale have suffered from Caveman Syndrome:

They are too busy bending over backwards kissing the feet of the men that constantly try to boss them around. Always taking their crap, always apologizing for everything under the sun that they are accused of, and always crying for them to take them back. Lily, Carly, and Meg wouldn't stand idly by putting up with all that guilt trip that these men dish out on a constant basis.

Carly of old would have cussed Jack out by now Meg, if she had a backbone to begin with, wouldn't have put up with any of the crap Paul and Craig were heaping on her, and Lily, well, I don't know if she would have told Holden where to go, since I wasn't watching her from the time that she and he said I do.

• Members

Cleo is a character that Jade(no longer with the show) brought to Oakdale to try to ruin Gwen's life kind of, Jade had Cleo dress up as Gwen, because Cleo looked so much like her, so Jen Landon did a twin role with the character for about 4 months, needless to say thanks to all of the fans hating Cleo with a passion the storyline was ended and not dragged out anymore. But anyway this character had weird hair, she talked weird, well she was just plain weird in everyway, in the end she tried to kill Gwen and Jade, but she did not succend and she is in jail now.

• Members

This has been the case since Gwen came on the scene and became a fan favorite.

ITA. One of the problems that I have with the way Wil has been written is that he's mindless. Wil has no friends ( Luke was an after thought and Maddie doesn't count ), no job, no plans for the future, and he and Gwen never seem to have a normal conversation. All they do is have sex. Just look how he is being roped into this whole " I've got to have a baby RIGHT NOW no matter the consequences " plan of Gwen's. He and Gwen can hardly take care of themselves so it makes sense for them to have a baby. Right! I want Wil to have a major melt down and go ballistic--- he is more than entitled and the time is more than right.

Considering that Alison is the one who introduced the then teens to Gwen, I expected a more friendly interaction between the two of them. TIIC have re-written that little bit of history. Don't get me started on Iris ( what a waste of TG's talents) and I'm still waiting to find out just how old Cole is and who else ( other than Wil) knows that he is Gwen's brother. Talk about bad writing.

The time has long since come for JL to be put on the back burner. This is her first major role for goodness sake and having her on canvas for every waking moment can only spell doom. There are only so many storylines that can be written for her before she becomes boring. Wait wait--I think that's already happening.

Archived