Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Andy is right and he's certainly talking about no one willing to discuss Zverez, the abuser and the baby daddy the mother doesn't want near her or the child.  Not one person is talking about that so if you are not going to put everyone on front street, don't talk about anyone.  

Oh and yesterday had to be the dullest finals I have ever seen.  Ash has earned her spot as #1 but there is nothing that excites me about her.  I guess I was watching for Jil.  She has the goods and an interesting player to watch.  If Zverez is not playing the elite, his matches can easily become noise in the background.  

• Members

^^

Isn't it time that she, like Federer, gives retirement a serious consideration? I guess she wants that 24th major to tie Margaret Court, but she hasn't won one since AO 2017, and she's not getting any younger. She will turn 40 in a month's time, and with all the health problems she's had during her career maybe it's time to give her body a rest.

• Members

Re: Serena - I think she can still beat anyone in the World, but I don't think she can do it for a whole tournament.  I kind of have changed my mind...I figured she would win a few more Slams actually, but now I think maybe one more is possible, but unlikely.  I think someone will beat her in early rounds, and if she does grit out wins against girls she should beat, I think in a whole tournament she'll eventually lose to another decent player.  Stringing them together is going to be a problem.  I think Venus has remained playing because of Serena.   I don't see one without the other, even though for several years it was Venus only.  I could maybe see them continuing for a year or two as doubles only.  Don't know why I think that, but.  

• Members

A slam without Serena, Venus, Fed & Nadal....  I knew this day would eventually come but sigh. I've been watching tennis for 40+ years and I feel confident saying this was the best Era of tennis ever!  They changed the game and kept eyes on the sport when folks were over the it.

• Members

Lots of star power absent from this year's USO but they can always ask about players like Basilashvili and Zverev carrying domestic violence charges or allegations.

Probably won't do much for ratings over all, but hey, at least it would be creating a new narrative for the fortnight.

Also, the last new American woman to win a major title, Sofia Kenin, is out as she has been diagnosed with COVID-19. She is vaccinated and has mild symptoms but still has the virus and, of course, is ineligible for play.