DAYS: Should Hogan Be Replaced?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah I do.

And they should have kept Hogan's ORIGINAL choice for "Co-HW" (the ghostwriter) IMO, too.

She may have been "wild, strange, eccentric" compared to daytime's usual image, but maybe that's what's needed

and she was getting exciting results.

Now we'll never know.

BTW, there's a new documentary showing how E.J. Wells was created and she's in it.

She said if JER is the "father" of E.J., then she's the "mother" of him.

I saw it at a screening last night in Venice Beach.

• Members

I honestly don't know what the facts are.

I went to this film festival at Venice Beach last night:

http://www.surfline.com/surfnews/surfwire.cfm?id=10538

I must have misunderstood what she was saying, but I know she had to create

E.J. when JER stormed out of "DOOL" before writing a single word for E.J.

That was said clearly and she was angry that people at "DOOL" haven't given her credit.

She said she did a lot because JER left unexpectedly and never came back. He WAS NOT fired.

• Members

>> Actually...no other soap has as big a problem with fanbases as DAYS does.

Granted, the Bell soaps might not have an overwhelming problem with fanbases, because they generally don't actively cultivate or encourage them. Trust me, though, all other soaps -- with the possible exception of PASSIONS, and THAT's only b/c, IMHO, the show has been dreadful from day damn one -- have been ruined primarily because of rabid fanbases who THINK they speak for the majority.

Anyone who witnessed the "Rylee/Kyan" (AMC), "JoVan/Jolie" (OLTL), or even "Sonny/Carly/Brenda" (GH) civil wars can attest to that claim. (Last time I checked, they're still counting up all the casualties who were incurred in the name of all those couples.) Heck, anyone who's had to suffer all these obnoxious, airtime-hogging couples over the years -- Zendall (AMC), Carjack (ATWT), Bridge (B&B)*, Austin/Carrie (DAYS), Journey (GH), Manny and Rassie (GL), TnB (for Todd and Blair, OLTL), I could go on -- knows whereof I'm speaking.

*ETA: I included these two, because they're probably one of the rare exceptions, as far as the Bell soaps are concerned. Seriously, who else would be behind these two after all these years?

• Members

Absolutely not. The last thing this show needs is another switch of writers and another adjustment period of six months. I think Ed Scott coming aboard is the tonic that may help Hogan write better. I thought for the longest time Wyman was the interference, that he liked Reilly's writing so much he wanted to sabotage anyone who replaced him. Then I find out from Toups that Wyman couldn't stand Reilly.

Okay... who's at fault here?

It sounds like Hogan needs some stronger breakdown and dialogue writers, a clearer sense of vision for the show and some continuity in the storytelling, without interference from Sony or NBC. Plain and simple, Hogan needs to write without being interfered with on a daily basis.

And if this network is stupid to take Reilly back a third time to write Days, I truly am done with the show.

• Members

Actully it's true that EJ had nothing written for him, just a character no one knew what to do with, BUT it was Beth because she said she had no idea what to do with him so Hogan told her to umbrella the black glove. It was all on this board. You should all remember that.

Archived