ATWT: SOD Fall Preview

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:D I like the fall previews because my 2 favorite characters Paul and Meg are going to be front and center in the quad. It is going to be interesting to see Paul and Meg try to stay away form each other. Paul can not stay mad at Meg for long because he loves her and it shows in everything he does. Craig doing and saying whatever he has to keep Ro from telling the truth about what really happened the night he run her off the road. It is going to be good.

• Members

"[brad] has attributes that [Katie] didn't really perceive before and she's starting to see another side of him."

Given that Brad's shirtless every time I look up, I don't know if I like the sound of that statement.

"Rosanna is a powerful, no-nonsense person, but she was also almost dead. There’s a certain fragility or neediness to her now."

That's funny. I figured almost getting killed by your ex-husband would make you an absolute bitch.

"As the story goes on, you'll see that there are chinks in the armor [Paul] has created to fight against his feelings for [Meg]."

Where's Will homemade poisoned mouthwash when you really need it?

"I think we all want Gwen and Will to be happy, so the arc of that story is moving toward that end, we hope. Alison assumes a surprising role."

Translation: Like surrogate mom, like surrogate child.

"We'll see other sides to Cole as things go on."

Translation: Come November sweeps, everyone will be asking, "Who Killed Gwen's Insta-Brother?"

(Actually, no one will be asking, 'cuz no one will give a damn.)

"[Maddie, Noah and Luke are] all young and inexperienced and they’re not sure how to deal with the situation."

Well, they COULD go on Jerry Springer....

"Poor Casey, he'’s obviously having a bad time of it. It’s certainly possible that we will do something with that."

Translation: We haven't recasted Casey yet, so hang tight.

"As the strains of Lily and Holden’s relationship will continue, Dusty’s friendship becomes important to Lily."

And Emily's a part of this, too, isn't she? Look, Passanante: you can re-tell Doug Marland's stories all you want, but until you recognize what you're doing to ATWT, you get no votes of confidence from me.

• Members

I don't think Craig harbors anything for Ro anymore...and I refuse to feel sorry for Meg. Not only does she know what Craig's been capable of, she's totally forgotten ALL of Craig's actions on the day of Paul's "death". Stupid is as stupid does.

And y'know...I'm all for "Carly being Carly...". My question is...why isn't Katie "being Katie" through all of this forced Kack "romance"?

**PJ, still praying Katie drops her drawers for Brad---soon.

• Members

Katie isn't "being the old Katie" because the writers have taken great pains in showing that Katie is trying to grow from her past mistakes and that Carly never learns. I don't see Katie having any feelings for Brad, just that Brad has feelings for Katie. I don't think that if Jack wasn't in the picture that Katie would go for Brad anyway just like Terri C. stated in the soap mags. I hope the writers stick with Jack and Katie and I agree with the viewer who wrote in the last Soap Opera Digest that the writers will really have ruined Jack's character if after all his growth they have him go back to Carly.

• Members

^^^

I'm sure Katie will start having "feelings" for Brad soon...as per the spoilers about seeing "depth in Brad that Katie starts to see".

I don't see how Hinsey thinks Jack will "be ruined"...he's ALREADY been ruined for a LOT of people by ignoring Katie's history and making excuses for it. Katie hasn't "learned" anything...she hasn't paid for any of her actions including adultery. Hinsey, the Carly-hating Cheerleader, can take her opinion and shove it under her birdcage. She's an idiot championing Katie's right to snark at Carly. Carly's the one who's admitted all her mistakes, and refused to blame anyone else for her actions. Katie is still under the delusion that Simon seduced her, when we all know she had feelings for him the minute she saw him on her honeymoon cruise with Mike.

• Members

Oh, well, that explains it. This big article that the KACK fans have been declaring as the greatest piece of writing since War and Peace.........Hinsey wrote it??? LOL!! :rolleyes: Nothing more needs saying. The woman is not only a lifelong Carly hater but she's also a Maura West hater. So, of course, she'd jump on the Jack and SATAN love train if it meant him not being with Carly. LOL!! That is just too funny. Carolyn Hinsey...OMG, she wrote something anti-Carly?????? I'm SHOCKED! :o:o:oNOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

And PJ, you said it!! Jack's already ruined and it started the day they removed his working brain from his head, shifted it down into his pants and threw Fluffy Peretti in his direction. The same Fluffy Peretti who just last year was stomping around in the police station ORDERING him to arrest Simon and Carly or she would get him in trouble with her BIG SISTER the police chief! The same Fluffy Peretti who just less than a year ago, shrugged her shoulders and said "oh well" when Henry reminded her that Carly and Jack's three children would be the one's most hurt by her vendetta against their mother and Simon. She chalked it up to collateral damage and told Henry if that's what it takes to make Simon "pay" for hurting HER, then too bad about the children. And now Jack's getting ready to MARRY the scumbag??? So, nope, going back to Carly won't ruin Jack...Staying in this disgusting relationship with the pea-brain who helped destroy his family is what will ruin Jack.

• Members

^^^LOL...yeah, that Katie, boy, she's "matured" since her days of doing Jack's job for him in the name of protecting Mike, hasn't she? That's really what I mean about "Katie being Katie..." Katie would fight tooth and nail for Jack, if she was really that in love with him. Just like she did for Simon, or even Mike. She doesn't fight for him, she doesn't even have a frickin' disagreement with him. She'd rather just accept everything he says (that "the kids adore her", that he's over Carly,) than take the chance and call him on something, and end up alone. She's so afraid, she STILL hasn't admitted he said "I love you...Carly".

And while I'd rather just have her drop her panties to hasten Kack's end, I'll settle for Jack just plain falling out of lust with her. Let her be the pure, sweet, trusting girl who STILL loses to Carly. Then she can revert back to her true self and lie and run her "cute" little scams and ruin Brad's life. Brad is actually way too good for her anyway.

• Members

I believe the OP said it was a viewer letter, not Hinsey's opinion. It was most likely the one that appeared in Sound Off this week. Very good letter, in my opinon.

FWIW, I think Carly and Jack are the only two people who should be held responsible for the dissolution of their marriage and the end of their family. If their relationship had been strong enough, nothing anyone, including Katie, did could've broken them up. It wasn't strong enough though. That's why it ended, in my opinion.

• Members

No, Hinsey's written pro-Katie stuff the past couple of weeks in her column. And it's not about holding Katie responsible for the end of Carly and Jack's marriage...it's about Katie being portrayed as a victim of Simon, and not acknowledging the fact Katie was a vindictive witch to Simon and Carly for NO other reason than she was rejected by Simon. If Hinsey (or anyone else) wants to give Katie a "pass" on that, fine. But don't expect me to buy that Jack would totally overlook the fact Katie a) cheated on his friend Mike with Simon--the guy he was jealous of Carly being with last fall and b ) rushed into an engagement with Katie before he'd even worked up the nerve to say "I love you"---because of Brad's little "trick" about an engagement. Before that happened, both Jack and Katie were perfectly content not saying "I LOVE YOU" and having sex all over the place.

• Members

Katie herself acknowledged the reasons why she did what she did to Jack in Emma's kitchen the night she took him Simon's letter.

What more can you ask for besides Katie admitting and taking responsibility for what she did?

a) If Jack can get over Mike sleeping with Carly the night before their wedding, I think he can get over Katie cheating on Mike with Simon.

b ) Jack told Carly he loved Katie before he even knew what Brad had done. Kind of blows a hole in the entire "he only did it because of Brad's little "trick"" theory, doesn't it?

• Members

How about admitting it to CARLY, the woman she deliberately hurt even before she knew about the stupid heist???

My point IS, why can KATIE just say "I'm sorry" ONCE, and all is forgiven? She has bulldozed her way through Oakdale, at least as much as Carly...and hurt as many MEN (or tried to) in the process . (Eddie, Holden, Chris, Simon, Mke and Henry.) Yet the writers want me to buy that Jack is completely ignoring her history because she's "matured"----when she just spent the last six months of '06 denying her attraction to Simon and wrecking her marriage in the process?

Jack trusts her why again? The answer "because Katie hasn't hurt him is bogus. She's hurt every man she's come in contact with (it took her two years to realize how badly she's hurt Henry)....yet that's exactly what the writers have written. Jack knows Katie's history. Yet he ignores it in order to further the relationship. IOW, to use Katie as a shield against Carly. So, he can claim to love Katie all he wants. Before, during or after any confrontation with Carly, that's exactly what he does. Carly was right when she said he deliberately gets sarcastic or angry when he's around her. It's a defense mechanism...if he's mad at Carly, if he throws Simon in her face, or her "leaving" the marriage or her kids, it's an effort to keep himself separated from her.

And Jack did only think up the engagement after Brad's trick. It's obvious he wasn't planning on anything that serious that soon. He hadn't even said "I love you" to Katie. Kind of a bad sign, don'tcha think?

Archived