ATWT: SOD Fall Preview

• Members

So all Katie has to do is admit those things to Carly and all will be forgiven? I kind of doubt it. LOL.

I think Katie apologized to Jack more than once. That aside, comparing the number of times Katie had to apologize to Jack to the number of times Carly has is like comparing apples and oranges, in my opinion. Why? Because Katie and Jack had never been anything more than friends prior to becoming romantically involved in April. When she apologized to Jack back in February, it was as a friend, not as anything else. Katie, quite simply, didn't have the ability to hurt Jack as Carly could at that time. That makes a difference, in my opinion.

I suppose I don't understand why you think Jack would hold Katie's past with men against her when he clearly never held it against Carly. He didn't throw it up in her face all the time when they were together that I can recall OR expect her to apologize for it over and over and over again. If he didn't do that with Carly, what makes you think he would do that with Katie?

Why does Jack trust Katie? She hasn't given him any reason not to trust her, in my opinion.

I don't think Jack ignores Katie's history. He accepts it. He knows what she's done in the past, but he isn't living in the past. He's living for today, not yesterday. There is a lot of difference between the two, in my opinion.

I don't believe for a second that Jack is using Katie as a shield against Carly. His character has come too far, in my opinion, to even need one against her. Romantically speaking, Carly is Jack's past and vice versa. At this point, I think that would be the case even if Katie weren't in the picture and unless he or Carly change dramatically, I think that should be the case. It isn't about whether or not they love each other, in my opinion. It's about having a marriage that works for both of them, not just Jack or just Carly. I think history has proven that won't ever happen, unless, like I said, one or both of them change.

There was a time when Jack and Carly breaking up only hurt them. They have three children now. That time has passed. They have to take more than each other into consideration now, in my opinion. I think that's going to make a difference in how things play out with them from here on out.

You're right. Jack didn't ask Katie to marry him until after Brad played his "trick". I don't think him not telling Katie he loved her until then was a bad sign though. ;)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why should Jack be acknowledging Katie's past with men? Because she just cheated on her husband. If you want to say Katie's "grown" since tricking Eddie, Holden and Chris...you may have a point. But she just cheated on her husband. What growth has she had since then? Crying on Jack's shoulder and jumping into yet another relationship?

Jack and Katie are only with each other because they're afraid to be alone. Katie's had misgivings about hooking up with Jack all along. Even now, after they're engaged, where is she? Taking care of Jack and JJ like she told Kim she'd need to do, when she originally turned down the assignment in Hawaii? NOPE...she ran to Hawaii after seeing Carly, Jack and the kids all together and happy.

If Jack were over Carly, and "living in the present" with Katie---he wouldn't need to keep throwing Simon in Carly's face...he'd just forgive Carly and let it go. He's still hurt by the fact Carly "left him" even though he insisted she "move on" last fall. He's not dealing with his feelings, he's ignoring them. Before Carly came home, he was open with Katie and saying "I'll always love Carly." The minute he knew Carly was back, it turned into "I'm totally and completely over her."

Katie being the perfect woman who does what he says when he says it, is NOT what Jack wants. It's not who the "real" Katie is. If Katie were acting true to her history, she'd have gone with Jack to Idaho, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

And telling your ex you love someone else before you tell that person is always a bad sign. It's exactly what Carly did last fall, and look how that turned out.

Hinsey HATES Carly...and she's made no bones about it. This spring she kept pimping Kack, and even said in an interview with Michael that she hoped Jack and Parker NEVER forgave Carly for leaving.

• Members

Katie cheated on Mike in early November of last year. That's what, almost ten months ago?

What growth has she had? Katie has matured tremendously since Mike left her earlier this year, in my opinion.

I know it's a small thing, but here's one example of how Katie has changed, in my opinion.

Jack continues to wear the watch Carly gave him. Katie knows Carly gave it to him and knows what the engraving on the watch says, yet she never gives him one ounce of grief for wearing it. Do you think she would've let any of her ex's wear anything one of their ex's gave them without giving them constant grief about it? I certainly don't. It would've driven her crazy, in my opinion. Don't you think so too?

I don't think Jack is ignoring his feelings at all. When was the last time he threw Simon up in Carly's face?

Jack actually told Katie he still loved Carly the first night they made love. I believe Carly was back then. ;)

Katie isn't being perfect. She's just more mature than she was. If she hadn't changed or matured at all, she would've been in Idaho, just like you said. She wasn't though and that, IMO, is yet another example of how much she has matured.

According to Carly, things with Simon wouldn't have turned out the way they did if Katie hadn't stuck her nose in where it didn't belong. Remember her saying this to Lily?

Again, the letter that was mentioned wasn't from Hinsey. It was a viewer letter and, in my opinion, it was a good one.

• Members

Personally, I think anyone that believes Kack is the "super couple" are in denial. There is just no chemistry between the two at all. None. But Carly and Jack have "IT". You know that spark that makes a super couple. Katy and Mike had it and Katy and Simon for that matter as well. But Katy and Jack just don't. Not sure yet about Katy and Brad but not really feeling that one either.

• Members

She cheated on Mike ten months ago, but she was sleeping with Jack four months after getting dumped by him in January. Katie might not be "giving" Jack grief about stuff, but she's also shown that things bother her, and instead of voicing her opinion and discussing her feelings with Jack, she totally backs off her statements and agrees with Jack. She herself said she was acting like a wuss.

Again, the poster parroted Hinsey's opinion column where she said Jack would be a fool for going back to Carly.

Yes, I remember Carly saying that...so? She's also said she's never stopped loving Jack, even when she was with Simon. I think we can all guess where Carly would have ended up last fall, if Maura hadn't gone on maternity leave. :)

And Jack brought up Simon to Carly in last Wednesday's episode.

• Members

Having "IT" doesn't mean they can have a relationship. They've been trying to have one on and off for the last ten years or so and still haven't been able to make it work. I'd say it's about time for both of them to give something/someone new a try.

I don't think she cheated on Simon with anyone. I can't see her cheating on Jack either.

• Members

Yep, you're right. She was sleeping with Jack four months after Mike left her.

Katie has stood up to Jack when something bothered her. Don't you remember the scene at Al's where she walked out on him because she didn't agree with what he was doing about Carly?

I think one of the biggest differences between Carly and Katie is that Katie let's Jack think and speak for himself. Carly has a tendency not to let him do either of those things. I think we've seen how frustrating Jack finds it a couple of times recently, most specifically when she was talking to Meg for him the other day at the Milltown house.

I'm not sure it's safe to guess that Carly would've ended up with Jack if she hadn't left last fall. She's been back for three months now and she hasn't ended up with him yet.

• Members

Nope, I don't remember Katie "walking out" on Jack...I remember her repeatedly trying to say they were "going to fast", only to be talked into Jack's way of thinking. (Before having sex and before the engagement, specifically, when she backtracked from her "duh, I'd accept Jack's proposal" with Brad to hemming and hawing when he finally got down on his knee after he pre-proposed and knew she'd say yes.)

Jack has a habit (especially in medical situations) of not disclosing pertinent information. So Carly was relaying it for him. What annoys Jack about Carly "telling" him what he thinks or feels, is that she's more often than not right.

• Members

Katie definitely left Jack sitting all by himself at Al's the night they argued over what she thought he was doing to help Carly when she first returned. She went home. Jack found her there later and explained what was really going on. This was the night they first made love.

Katie felt foolish after Brad's "trick", but, in my opinion, his "trick" is what made Katie stop and think things through a bit more before she said yes to one of Jack's proposal's.

Whether she's right or wrong, Carly has no right to speak for Jack anymore. I'd say he's definitely been trying to get that point across to her lately.

One of her worst habits (IMO) where Jack is concerned has always been trying to speak for him, think for him and tell him how he feels. It drives me crazy. It seems to me that it's finally starting to frustrate Jack more than a little too.

• Members

BTW...three months is barely time enough to get "anyone" back...it took Carly and Jack six to eight months to get back together (when he was married to Julia I); it took Katie six/seven months to get Mike back after Teri's maternity leave, and it's taken a good five months now for Craig to get back into Meg's bed.

• Members

First, let me clarify something. I don't PARROT anyone's opinion. <_< The opinion stated was my own and WAS in response to another viewers letter printed in the Sound Off section of the magazine. I was agreeing with that viewer's opinion. I don't even read Hinsey's column most of the time and no matter her opinion I would still feel the same way whether she agreed or not. My opinion stays the same, the character of Jack would be ruined if he went back to Carly at this point after everything he's said and done over the past few months. Any growth of character would have been lost essentially for "chemistry or sexual" feelings that still exist between him and Carly. No one denies the attraction or the connection between these two characters. They share a rich history together. As a one time CarJack fan, I don't deny this BUT I no longer see these two as a viable couple because they NEVER work. They keep making the same mistakes over and over again because Carly never changes and Jack never changes his disapproval of what makes her who she is. That does not a happy marriage make regardless of how great the chemistry, sex, attraction, or history is. I agree with Siggy, there are three children to consider here and Jack said it best when he said that it wasn't only him he had to worry about hurting if he went back to Carly and it didn't work again, it was the kids.

Archived