Days: Tuesday, August 21st

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

HORRIBLE BALANCE FOR THIS EPISODE!

All I can do is hope they are just shoving all this TTS crap and Phelle/Shelle drama in our faces to get it out of the way and wrap it up quickly while they finetune the feud storyline.

Did anyone over 30 appear in this episode?

Did any actor who has been on Days more than 3 or 4 years make an appearance in this episode? I know the characters of Shawn and Belle and Phillip have been around almost ten years now, but the actors playing them aren't recognizable to people who haven't watched in a while.

As for the show itself, they are writing Jeremy better but the way he was introduced he came across as such a HUGE douchebag that I just find it hard to care about his problems or whether he and Stephanie wind up together.

I hate Chelsea right now and am so sick of her always going back and forth between Nick and Jett from episode to episode.

Why is one of China Lee's sons named Artemis? That was a Greek godDESS.

The Max-Jenna makeout was HOT. Did Jenna put her face in Max's crotch at one point? I think she did. LOL. Too bad she was only a bit player and the whole scene was just a silly self-contained bit of levity that didn't advance the story whatsoever.

The Shelle/Phelle crap today felt like a bad Tinda Lao flashback.

Hopefully the rest of this week is better. And the show actually gives us a scene or two related to "the biggest story of the summer."

• Members

I agree with everything written here. It was awful. Just a terrible day in general. I finally had a day off work to enjoy the show without interruption. I was excited that I would watch it live, and not later on soapnet. This was the day I had off :angry:

The younger set is so under developed that it really makes me have doubts about Sheffer's ability to introduce new characters. I really like Hogan, and I try to enjoy his work, but NONE of the characters he has brought on have worked for me with the exception of Nick Fallon, and that changes from day to day.

Jeremy is unlikable. Jett is bland and predeictable, and Stephanie is so terrible that mere words can't express what I think. She is an ungrateful, rude, and ignorant little girl.

When these charactres take center stage, My remote turns to CNN or VH1. I'll never stop watching Days, but I won't subject myself to these characters.

BTW: I've given up on Phelle, Shelle, and whatever the hell else it's called a long time ago. Reilly ruined that, and Hogan has just made it more realistic.

HOW CAN A SHOW GO FROM BRILLIANCE SOME EPISODES, TO A CRAPFEST LIKE THIS ON OTHERS???? It's like sometimes the writers and producers are asleep, and sometimes they are sharp as a tack. No mediocrity!

• Members

Just finished watching. The only thing I was feeling was Belle/Shawn/Phillip today, yeah frightening isn't it? I was just clamoring for Belle to tell Shawn what an egotistical prick he's being. I mean, I see where he is coming from, but at the same time he is leaving little room for compromise. Everything else wasn't very good, IMO. At one point, I even muted the television to listen to two choruses of "Me Love." End of the summer and everything is still so mind-numbingly boring, even this "big summer storyline." At this point, I am watching out of loyalty. I'll just keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow...I guess

• Members

I don't think Shawn or Belle either one is big on compromise, but I'm on Shawn's side with this one. They need to get out of the mansion and away from Philip's influence. Belle came off as a selfish, entitled, spoiled rich girl today. No way is she ready or willing to live a blue collar lifestyle, which is all Shawn is going to be able to provide for her. She's using Claire as an excuse, but she's only two and it's the people who love her who give her security, not the type of house she's living in. Also, Belle was very insulting and disrespectful towards the Brady family in her reaction to living over the Pub. But even as much as I dislike this storyline, it was the best we got today. The Vegas crowd is awful. The balance was awful. The episode was awful.

• Members

Whoever wrote breakdown and dialogue for today's episode needs to look back at Shawn and Belle and what makes them so magical. What I saw today wasn't Belle. If I were Martha Madison, I'd be going straight to the higher-ups and wondering why my character was acting that way.

Thankfully, I do think this story outcome is going to get better if future spoilers indicate. Otherwise, I sat there wondering where the hell Belle got off on ripping into Shawn like that.

• Members

Martha Madison has never acted like the real Belle. She's been gloomy, icy, and a total snotty bitch since day one. I know that's not the actor's fault, but why do they feel the need to rewrite characters when they're recast?

Archived