Who do you want to replace Jean Passanante as HW of ATWT?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I said this in the ratings thread, so I'll post it here.

Can you imagine if Jean goes and ATWT goes further down the tubes ratings-wise? A year ago when Hogan was hired at Days, a lot of people here predicted that Days would be the #2 soap by Christmas 2006. Of course that never happened and Days lost a lot of its core audience and has yet to full recover.

If the audience has gotten too used to Jean's craptastic writing, a new writing regime with a fresh outlook might alienated more viewers. Audience behavior is quite erratic these days, it would be sad.

• Members

I don't know many writers that have a history with ATWT to choose someone from within, so I would have to pick someone outside of ATWT. I really do think that Sally Sussman Morrina could be good for Oakdale. I liked her storylines on DAYS, and she had some pretty good stories when she wasn't forced to go the SciFi route by Corday. She could tell those family storylines that included the entire cast and I think that would be good for ATWT.

• Members

It would be good if P&G could get Nancy Curlee to return to soap writing. They've wanted her back for years, but she wasn't ready to return. She'd be perfect for the job.

Broderick was a good HW at ATWT, despite what Ron says. :P

She had a huge mess to clean up in 98 and she did just fine. Had she inherited the show in a better condition she would've proven just how better she was. She's definitely 10 steps ahead of Jean and Leah.

Where is Wisner Washman btw? He hasn't written for any soap since he was apart if the Curlee/Demorest/Reilly/Broderick team in the early 90's. His work on AMC in the 80's was superb. I think he would be perfect for either ATWT or Y&R. He definetely needs to return to soap writing.

• Members

I would be up for that. That would be great!!

You know I love ya Alvin ;) but if Broderick is brought back would you stop complaining and actually watch and post. :lol::P

How old is he now? Does he even write anymore? I thought he was a real good writer.

• Members

Yes, I know Clint. But Nuke is one of the only good things about ATWT going on right now. If we the fans write in and give positive feedback to the story it might be left alone. I know there is always a chance it could go. But something must be done. The ratings are tanking more and more. The bleeding needs to stop. I love Nuke....thats one reason I still watch ATWT.

• Members

I totally agree with you Alvin. And I bet he is expensive too. I havent liked his view of the show for a long time. Bring in someone who will bring back the history of the show. Instead of englufing us with so much Gwen.

Archived