AMC: Thursday: August 16, 2007

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Compared to his siblings, Ryan's abuse was minimal and he high tailed it out of there not caring what his siblings would go through and that began his selfishness. Now for some reason he gets all lucky and manages to get companies without paying for them or working to get to the top spot, has super hero and healing powers, has a wife and two children, and all the men and women worshipping his holiness. Erin may have gotten some pass but still it seems to me like she had more abuse done to her than Ryan because he selfishly left his siblings with their abusive father. And now he keeps making excuses for his behavior because of his bad childhood....I've had it with the character and hate him and want him gone

• Members

Where does it say that? When was that said? I don't remember this ever being the case. Braden, Ryan, Jonathan all were tortured and beaten by their SOB father. Ryan was beaten and tortured just like Braden was. It's not as if Patrick Lavery was selective in his abuse. He kicked the crap out of all of his sons because he was a sick man. That is someting that I never understood. What makes the hell Ryan endured any less then the hell Jonathan's or Braden endured? He got beat up too. He got tortured as well. When he was younger he took beatings for Jonathan. When Jonathan would get in trouble Ryan and Braden took the beatings until they both left the house. They both got hit. That was seen threw flashbacks back in 05'.

How was Ryan's abuse minmal? Are we putting certaint criteria for abuse now? 5 punches is "good abuse" while choking is "bad abuse".

All of the Lavery children went threw hell in that household with an uncaring drunken mother and an abusive ass of a father. There is no minimal there.

According to the show Papa Lavery never laid one hand on Erin and their was even some talk that she was spoiled by her father. She was given toys and dolls and was looked at as Patrick's good little girl. He saved all his abuse and beatings for his sons. He heated his sons but he loved his daughter. Patrick never so much as pushed Erin according to what the show said. She may have felt guilt for what Jonathan endured. But she was never abused by her daddy.

• Members

The problem is Ryan left his siblings to be abused when he ran away from home and did not devise a plan to take them with him so they could all live happily ever after. Now he has graced his appearance in Pine Valley and has morphed into Super Ho It All and pontificating every chance he gets and makes sure everyone worships his holiness....I do believe Jonathan and Braden suffered more abuse than he did but you never saw them make excuses for their behavior based on past abuse. Ryan has and for that he should not be given any sympathy

• Members

Ryan was a 15 year old boy when he was kicked out of the house by his deranged father. What was he supposed to do? It's not as if he could have taken his siblings with him. Legally he couldn't and he could have easily wound up jailed for even trying it. Ryan was dirt poor, young and without alot of options. He had no leverge at all and he didn't even have a pot to piss in how could he have supported two young children? How could he have been able to get his brother and sister safe? Again this guy was 15 years old. I don't really know what one would do in such a situation.

Zach and Ryan are more alike then they think they are. They both abandoned their siblings to live with psychopathic fathers.

• Members

Zach didn't abandon Michael. He got help from his brother in faking his death but they both managed to get away from their father. Ryan may have been 15 but he certainly managed to live after leaving home and could have helped his siblings live as well with his con artist ways. He probably conned over a thousand people of their money since he has never worked a day in his life being the idiot he is. I never said he should physically remove his siblings but they would willfully and on their own escape from home.

• Members

Exactly! He is so stupid he probably has never heard of CPS....god I just hate him as you can tell with my endless rants about his holiness. It looks like B&E aren't going to kiss his ass like McT did so he will probably get less airtime but enough of it since he is Frons' pet

• Members

His conartist ways were barely enough to put food on the table. Thus why he sold his sperm for quick cash. Ryan was 15, poor and without skills. I think taking those kids with him would have been a huge mistake. According to the show the kids went to school in a shady neighborhood. The teachers and law enforcement didn't seem to care much about domestic disturbences or abuse. It's not as if he could have called the police or anything and have them care. Back in those days children were hit and people minded their own business. "You earned the hit from your parents". Ryan was powerless and helpless. I really don't see much he could have done.

Archived